Figarti's NEW Tank! (1 Viewer)

Guys,
I've just returned from Nuremberg where I saw the PzrIV and Winter surprise in the flesh. I can honestly say I was blown away with the sculpting and painting.
The tracks are exceptional and with the removable side skirts and the opening hatches alongwith a really well crafted crew it's gotta be one of the best tanks out there.
Regards
CG

:cool: 'NOW' RICK a Nice WINTER WESPE and MARDER II/II, would go Great with this NEW Panzer IV Tank?

Does anyone know what the number 1032 meant on this Pz IV?

Rgds

Andy

Hi All,

I am not an expert on the numbering system the Germans used but I understand it usually was read in the following way: A Tank with the number 142 is the Platoon Sergeants Tank of "4 Platoon of Number 1 Company. So the first number is the company designator(1), The second number is the Platoon designator (4) and the final number indicates the Commanders position in the platoon. (2) which in this case is the Platoon Sergeant.

So my guess is that the number 1032 is the 10th company 3rd platoon Platoon Sergeant Tank. But I am not an expert on this so I could be wrong in my guess. Hopefully someone will confirm or deny this for us.

All the best

Dave

Hi All,

I am not an expert on the numbering system the Germans used but I understand it usually was read in the following way: A Tank with the number 142 is the Platoon Sergeants Tank of "4 Platoon of Number 1 Company. So the first number is the company designator(1), The second number is the Platoon designator (4) and the final number indicates the Commanders position in the platoon. (2) which in this case is the Platoon Sergeant.

So my guess is that the number 1032 is the 10th company 3rd platoon Platoon Sergeant Tank. But I am not an expert on this so I could be wrong in my guess. Hopefully someone will confirm or deny this for us.

All the best

Dave

Hey Dave-

that sounds pretty accurate to me- I thought the German armor bumper numbers were pretty close to what we use- sans TC identifier- for example- B21- Bravo Company, Second platoon, 1st Squad- am I correct here??

Hi Chris,

In the book The Tiger Tank by Peter Gudgin he explains the number system they used during WWII. So thats where I drew my conclusions from. I dont know if the Germans are currently using a system that is similar to what we currently employ but I would assume they might for the sake of their NATO allies but we both know what can happen when we make assumptions right;)

Hope all is well with you back east and the the weather is turning nicer.

All the best

Dave

...but I would assume they might for the sake of their NATO allies but we both know what can happen when we make assumptions right;)

Hope all is well with you back east and the the weather is turning nicer.

All the best

Dave

Roger that sir!! I think the armor numbering system was touched upon int he top ten tanks thread- I think- for some reason, I feel I have heard some of this before.

Mighty windy here in Central Pa- otherwise, can't complain :)

Take care
CC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back