Figure ID Help (1 Viewer)

tdubel

Major
Hi,
I know this was an artist done figure. I had someone previously let me know this and now I lost my notes. Long story short, it is a connoisseur type, but I want to say the artist was from Spain? Just can't remember the details. Let me know if anyone can help on this one. It was sold by Russ Salberg here in the States.

Tom

20240209_195827A.jpg20240209_195835B.jpg20240209_195848C.jpg

Very nicely done figure. The only figures I found in Spain were from Alymer but they didn’t do figures of this quality as far as I know. I imagine the artist may have worked for them but that’s a guess. Hopefully the Baron or one of the other guys will be able to I’d him.

Dave

Hi, Tom, what size or scale is the figure? Without knowing the size, I had the same thought as Dave. The casting is reminiscent of Alymer or Soldat. It could also be a Labayen kit casting, too, though Labayen had a bit finer detail to his castings. Also a little reminiscent of Stadden, but I don't think it is one.

The label is "Light Horse, 2 Regiment "Campaña", France 1807". I don't know, though, if that means the figure is a French lancer or if the figure was in France in 1807 but is from one of the other armies of the time.

That's what comes to mind at first glance. Hope that helps!

Prost!
Brad

54mm ish, Stadden/Lasset size. Russ handled this particular artist's creation. Much like a Jean Abell. I just can't remember and lost my notes on it.
Tom

Yeah, Abell is possible, too.

Unfortunately not Jean's work in this case. there was a specific artist Russ sold for that trademark was the wooden base. I just can't locate my notes unfortunately!
Tom

Solved this weekend. Labayen Factory produced figure painted by the studio. The only thing that was not positive is whether the owner did it or his partner Arturo. I knew I had my notes and a good buddy Dan Jones confirmed for me at the annandale show!
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back