figure painter needed (1 Viewer)

Warrior

Lieutenant General
A good customer of mine recently purchased a set of kits, 8 in all, 24 total figures of a diorama on The Battle of the Teutoberg Forest, Romans and Germanics.

It is a very dramatic series of dioramas that when displayed together is spectacular; if any of you painters out there is willing to give this one a go, please let me know either via posting here, PM or email to gguerriero@msn.com, the customer needs it completed by the end of January as it is a gift for his brother..........

Sounds interesting any idea what kits they are?.....And what style of painting is he after.
Rob,

Are these Time Machine kits?
Mark

That would be a fairly safe guess Mark. If so, these are really nice figures. A friend of mine just purchased all 5 sets of Time Machine's "Last Stand at Gandamak" range recently and they are stunning.

Good luck with your search George, and this guy's brother must be some special dude. Very nice indeed. :)

MD

GG

Check out Jaime's work at www.pictors.com

She has painted some items for me before- reasonably priced but if that dude is looking to get that amazing diorama painted, it will be in the 4 figures easily.

Also- if he attends the HMGS events- she is always there in the dealer hall (shaking down potential customers like someone else I know ;):p). He could then pick it up from her and save $$ on s&h

GG

Check out Jaime's work at www.pictors.com

She has painted some items for me before- reasonably priced but if that dude is looking to get that amazing diorama painted, it will be in the 4 figures easily.

Also- if he attends the HMGS events- she is always there in the dealer hall (shaking down potential customers like someone else I know ;):p). He could then pick it up from her and save $$ on s&h
$1,000 plus for 24 figures is rather steep from my own experience; I hope she is Russian.;):D

You will pay $100+ per figure for a lot of painters.
Mark

You will pay $100+ per figure for a lot of painters.
Mark
That is different than my experience Mark and just wouldn't make sense to me. If I can buy a very nicely painted figure for $50, I would choke on $100 for painting alone. It all depends on how you set your priorities I suppose.;)

It all depends Bill.Sometimes you can't get the figures you want already painted.I prefer to buy them painted but sometimes you can't.I have a 5 piece diorama(1 mounted)that I want to get painted.One painter said she would do it for $150 which is a terrific price but I know others that would charge $8-900 to do it.Unfortunetly she doesn't paint anymore.If you look at it 24 FL figures would cost $1200 and be worth it.If it is the Time Machine figures you also have bases to take into account.
Mark

I think people will bawk at the prices bandied around but, those who can paint and paint well know what can be charged many hours can go into figure painting unlike some of the mass made stuff which can be done very quickly hence the lower price.

As was stated in a recent thread by some you only get what you pay for.
Mitch

interesting thread....it can take an hour per figure just to prep- I guess it depend on whether the customer wants "toy Soldier" or new toy soldier Matte plus plus.

No - you pay for Pictors painting. And I have had some figures painted that came back in an average state. Not quite worth the cost. I say look around.

No - you pay for Pictors painting. And I have had some figures painted that came back in an average state. Not quite worth the cost. I say look around.
is there a better link to pictors- wherre do you go after that?

I actually think 100.00 per figure is cheap. It's like most everything else, you get what you pay for. It takes a long time to assemble, prep, prime, and paint a figure. Even if it only took you 10 hours per figure thats less than 10.00 per hour minus supplies. Meg Whitman's maid was making 23.00 an hour :)

I actually think 100.00 per figure is cheap. It's like most everything else, you get what you pay for. It takes a long time to assemble, prep, prime, and paint a figure. Even if it only took you 10 hours per figure thats less than 10.00 per hour minus supplies. Meg Whitman's maid was making 23.00 an hour :)
Perhaps but the opportunities to be Meg Whitman's maid are limited. It all comes down to supply and demand. If a painter can find enough business at $100 per figure than more power to them. They just wouldn't find it from me.;)

Some of the painters on Timelines and Planet Figure do comission work but I think they are quite high also.I was going to conntact Pictors but 45thdiv comment has me hesitating.
Mark

Some of the painters on Timelines and Planet Figure do comission work but I think they are quite high also.I was going to conntact Pictors but 45thdiv comment has me hesitating.
Mark
Perhaps you should PM him for photos and additional info. I couldn't really tell much from what I found at that site. The figures / photos I looked at were all too small for a comparison to 1/30. It does say she has a satisfaction guarantee, as does anyone I have dealt with for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back