Figures used in other ranges (1 Viewer)

joestanley

Private
Hello,I'd liked to hear ideas from other collectors that have used figures in dioramas from other ranges.For example,I have one diorama where I use the British 8th infantry to fight the Japanese IWO JIMA line in Burma.I have another diorama where I use the The Real West DRAGOONS fighting Mexican infantry from the Alamo series to recreate a MEXICAN/AMERICAN WAR scene.Also maybe ideas for new figures that can be used to cross ranges.I have one for The Real West line.It would be Texas Rangers.The rangers were first formed during the Texas Revolution in 1835.During the Republic the were guardians of the Texas frontier,especially against native americans.In the Mexican War(1846-1848)they served as scouts and guerilla fighters.In the 1850's they fought vicious battles with the Comanches.During the Civil War Terry's Texas Rangers were well renown.So the Rangers could be used in three ranges-The Alamo,The Real West and the Civil War.I learn so much from this Forum.Thanks for hearing me out. Joe Stanley

Hello,I'd liked to hear ideas from other collectors that have used figures in dioramas from other ranges.For example,I have one diorama where I use the British 8th infantry to fight the Japanese IWO JIMA line in Burma.I have another diorama where I use the The Real West DRAGOONS fighting Mexican infantry from the Alamo series to recreate a MEXICAN/AMERICAN WAR scene.Also maybe ideas for new figures that can be used to cross ranges.I have one for The Real West line.It would be Texas Rangers.The rangers were first formed during the Texas Revolution in 1835.During the Republic the were guardians of the Texas frontier,especially against native americans.In the Mexican War(1846-1848)they served as scouts and guerilla fighters.In the 1850's they fought vicious battles with the Comanches.During the Civil War Terry's Texas Rangers were well renown.So the Rangers could be used in three ranges-The Alamo,The Real West and the Civil War.I learn so much from this Forum.Thanks for hearing me out. Joe Stanley

I have a couple of ww2 germans fighting crusaders!:)

One thing nice about this hobby is that you can be your own general and deploy your troops as you see fit. Remember as a kid playing with my cousins with WWII Marx's toy soldiers fighting Native Americans from my Fort Apache set.

Meanwhile, you can also be "anal" and be historically accurate and spend more to get that exact "themed" or "era-centric figure or vehicle...maybe down to details as rivets and nameplates.

(If you decide to do the the latter, just keep it private to avoid snide remarks from armchair generals who have the illusions of being George Patton, Eisenhower, and Rommel).

So take your pick and start the joy of being a kid again. It is "stress-busting" and make you live longer.

Just my POV.

Noli-Poli

N-P

Mate good post, I agree. When you are the General you can pick a fight with anyone you like. It's all about the fun & the joy of it... Cheers, Alby

N-P

Mate good post, I agree. When you are the General you can pick a fight with anyone you like. It's all about the fun & the joy of it... Cheers, Alby

Cool, I can't wait to become a FULL General :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back