First K & C figure revisited (1 Viewer)

the nam dios are well done
the 1st k&c i bought were the 1st cav set
guess what unit i was with on my 2nd tour
but collected too late for the fsb helo or apc
still looking for the 2nd set marines from hue tet group
i am glad figerti picked up nam figures wish k&c would redo some

I was looking at my Toy Soldier Empire last night (a couple of cabinets bought at WalMart and IKEA) and remembering the first figure bought -The French soldier reaching down for his headgear, but still looking forward.
After 4 years, it is probally still one of my favorite figures in the Napoleonic range.
Who else remembers that first toy soldier, K&C or otherwise ?

Footman, thats a nice little mini diorama!:cool: My first K&C figure was one of the british Napoleonic figures. I was lucky to have started collecting them right when the line first started so I,ve got all the retired figures and even the PM01 and 02 figures.
I couldn,t afford to buy many when I started so I just picked up one here and there when I had extra cash to treat myself.
Now I,m back in the same boat again with the new higher prices and a new house to pay for K&C figures are now going to have to be spare cash treats again.:( The prices have just gotten out of control on these things.
I think the new Collectors showcase figures look real nice and I,m a sucker for Cuirassiers so I might have to save my pennies for a set of those to build up my french cavalry. The prices are a little better then the K&C figures and look real nice in the photos, I,ll be taking a close look at those when they come out.

My first was Conte's Lions of the Roundtop based on a painting by Don Troiani
Mark

the nam dios are well done
the 1st k&c i bought were the 1st cav set
guess what unit i was with on my 2nd tour
but collected too late for the fsb helo or apc
still looking for the 2nd set marines from hue tet group
i am glad figerti picked up nam figures wish k&c would redo some

Glad you like the Diorama, keep your eyes peeled for the King & Country Nam

sets, they are really nicely done, and reasonably priced.

The last time the Firebase came up on Ebay it sold for $1500, which was a

rock bottom price in my opinion. K & C's current dioramas bring $3,500+.

I think the entire Vietnam Series is value priced for the moment1

Nice dioramas there!! I bought my first toy soldiers at Graystone's American History bookstore on my first of 4 trips to Gettysburg 8 years ago this month. I was captivated right away. I bought a couple of Union sets and a Confederate set (both Conte and Britains) to make a very small battle. Actually what caught my eye most was the Britains Clear the Way group representing the Irish Brigade at Gettysburg, but they were more expensive, and being a first timer I went for several smaller sets. A couple of years later, I just had to have the Clear the Way group and luckily found a good deal on Ebay for this sometimes hard to find set.

This year I finally expanded beyond Civil War, bought a couple of K&C Napoleonics and 5 K&C Amer. Revolution. Then I rediscovered a long dormant love for WWII history and bought quite a large number of WWII (about 3/4 K&C) - Battle of the Bulge US rifle group, the winter German M42 group, and the Hummel being my first order. My wife was at home the day I received confirmation of the shipment. She emailed me at home and said what in the heck is a rifle group and Hummel. I told her a Hummel was a bumble bee, and I had to have soldiers to fight against it. Just the tip of the iceberg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back