First Legion American Civil War /Union (2 Viewers)

shark0636

Private 2
I have not posted on here for a long time. I used to collect K&C but quit collecting along time ago. My interest in collecting was re-ignited with the offerings from First Legion. I am collecting two of their ranges right now. While I was recently on their website, they have their "Work Bench" link that I clicked on and saw some Union soldiers that are coming and I was blown away. I have not seen anyone post about these figures yet, so I just wanted to give the heads up. I have to finish the Revolutionary war sets first, then I hope to move on to the Civil War sets. I also wanted to mention and to thank First Legion for their quick shipping and I was very pleased with packaging for the figures. Each figure comes in a collectible box well padded and themed for that series. The figures are outstanding, and I am happy to enter the toy soldier collecting community yet once again.

Always glad to see another First Legion collector on the forum, no doubt the stlye of First Legion has reignited alot of passion in more then a few collectors other then yourself, welcome back to a wonderful hobby...Sammy

First legion has definitely re-sparked my interest in TS collecting....An excellent product unlike anything else currently available..... High level of quality/realism...As First Legion Website says:"You can collect toys or you can collect History":smile2:

I have posted about these figures and have been the only one, regrettably, who has posted photos of the 55th North Carolina. I have asked when the Union figures would be available for pre-order but so far have not received an answer. Hopefully, one will be forthcoming in the near future.

I have posted about these figures and have been the only one, regrettably, who has posted photos of the 55th North Carolina. I have asked when the Union figures would be available for pre-order but so far have not received an answer. Hopefully, one will be forthcoming in the near future.

Brad, I too posted a couple of times about these, would love to know if we may get a glimpse in London . I think however, like others here, I shall be keeping it quiet when I do buy them, too many arguments as it is!

Rob

Brad, I too posted a couple of times about these, would love to know if we may get a glimpse in London . I think however, like others here, I shall be keeping it quiet when I do buy them, too many arguments as it is!

Rob

Rob ,Your best bet is to ask Matt or someone at First legion via there website.
Any questions I have had have always been answered very quickly.

BINGO WE HAVE A WINNER !!{bravo}}{bravo}} Regards Gebhard

Rob

Rob ,
I really don't understand your comment here ^&confuse . I really don't see any arguments at all . Of course there is the odd comment here and there from guys who don't collect First legion about price and such , but i think with K&C's new French line figures actually costing more then First legions maybe that's all behind us now at least we can hope . I really hope you would reconsider and post if you actually buy a First legion figure I for one would be interested in hearing what you think . The only person who could help ya with info about release dates that are not published on the site is Matt and as pointed out he is very reachable by email and his customer service is second to none . All the best and happy collecting Gebhard

Rob

Well, no need for arguments here. Please feel free to post your opinion on the ACW line if you do decide to jump in and pick up a couple. I too, hope there are some at the London show, if for no other reason than to have them availible for more people to see 'first hand'.

Rob ,
....The only person who could help ya with info about release dates that are not published on the site is Matt and as pointed out he is very reachable by email and his customer service is second to none . All the best and happy collecting Gebhard

I have to agree with Gebhard on this point. Matt is certainly very willing to converse with collectors, and while he might not give you a firm release date, I bet he will still discuss whatever else you want concerning the ACW range.

Noah

Well, I have purchased a dozen of the North Carolinians so I guess I must like them :rolleyes2: Normally, Matt has answered questions here but I guess I will email him although I had hoped that pre-orders would have shown up by now as the Workbench indicates the Union figures, or a portion thereof, would be available in second quarter 2011, which probably seems unlikely now as the quarter is drawing to a close.

Thanks for your posts guys, very kind. I must agree that whenever I've posted a question here Matt has always answered it. The word argument was totally wrong. What I was trying to say that the friction between some, and I underline some, K&C and FL fans has reached a point that I now know there are collectors on here who collect FL but do not want it known for fear of being dragged into the mire and their collecting used to infuriate K&C fans. I too have had enough of this and just want to collect what I want in peace.

I just love the look of the new FL Bufords dismounted cavalry, some great poses in there and very lifelike, hopefully I'll get to see them soon.

Rob

Rob ,
I really don't understand your comment here ^&confuse . I really don't see any arguments at all . Of course there is the odd comment here and there from guys who don't collect First legion about price and such , but i think with K&C's new French line figures actually costing more then First legions maybe that's all behind us now at least we can hope . I really hope you would reconsider and post if you actually buy a First legion figure I for one would be interested in hearing what you think . The only person who could help ya with info about release dates that are not published on the site is Matt and as pointed out he is very reachable by email and his customer service is second to none . All the best and happy collecting Gebhard

Well, no need for arguments here. Please feel free to post your opinion on the ACW line if you do decide to jump in and pick up a couple. I too, hope there are some at the London show, if for no other reason than to have them availible for more people to see 'first hand'.

I have to agree with Gebhard on this point. Matt is certainly very willing to converse with collectors, and while he might not give you a firm release date, I bet he will still discuss whatever else you want concerning the ACW range.

Noah

Thanks for the Welcome guys. I am almost finished with the American militia, and soon ready to start the British line. After that it is on to the Civil War. Then hopefully some Romans, and more Crusaders. I am going to be a First Legion collector only, as it will take a little while to accumulate all the great soldiers I want from their many lines. I hate the fact that I am a completist, as these are a little more $$$ than I am used to spending. But overall I am just going to enjoy collecting again.

Rob

Rob mate,
My first post on the FL section of the Forum. Watch all the hands go for the guns and knives. ^&grin But hold your horses fellas. Whilst I am not a FL collector and never will be for personnal reasons, I must admit that those Buford dismounted cavalry are some really nice figures. Of all the ACW Generals, John Buford is my favourite, Union wise that is and his guys have been nicely protrayed here by FL.
Now boys, that wasn't what you expected was it. So Rob collect what you like and enjoy your collecting.:smile2:
Cheers Howard

Last edited:
Thanks for the Welcome guys. I am almost finished with the American militia, and soon ready to start the British line. After that it is on to the Civil War. Then hopefully some Romans, and more Crusaders. I am going to be a First Legion collector only, as it will take a little while to accumulate all the great soldiers I want from their many lines. I hate the fact that I am a completist, as these are a little more $$$ than I am used to spending. But overall I am just going to enjoy collecting again.
I'm almost exclusively an FL collector at this point as well.....I started with FL Stalingrad WWII.....Then Revolutionary War British Line recently and anticipate going on to the American Militia as soon as $$$ allows.....I just got temporailly distracted^&grin with the Crusaders,and Naps...and...Oh Yes^&grin The Romans are also catching my interest...I'm really enjoying FL products and collecting again.....It will take time to collect these fine lines but they are unique and simply the best toy soldiers out there for Cost/Quality ratio.

I'm almost exclusively an FL collector at this point as well.....I started with FL Stalingrad WWII.....Then Revolutionary War British Line recently and anticipate going on to the American Militia as soon as $$$ allows.....I just got temporailly distracted^&grin with the Crusaders,and Naps...and...Oh Yes^&grin The Romans are also catching my interest...I'm really enjoying FL products and collecting again.....It will take time to collect these fine lines but they are unique and simply the best toy soldiers out there for Cost/Quality ratio.

I agree with these being the best toy soldiers out there for the cost/quality ratio. Each one is a historical work of art. Each figure is magnificent in it's own right, but when I lined up all my militia they look like an awesome painting. This has made it so exciting to get back into collecting again. I love this period of history.

Hi Shark,
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and to the First Legion thread {bravo}}:salute:: . I had a similar experience when First legion introduced their Stalingrad line . I had just about given up on WWII as part of my collection , but do to the all around quality of their releases i found myself buying first one to have a closer look to now just about one of each :redface2:. I'm currently collecting Naps , Stalingrad , Crusaders and soon to be starting with the first Roman releases . Welcome aboard , look forward to talking all things FL with you . Regards Gebhard

Winner :smile2:

Heard from Matt: preorders in July and deliveries in August.

Hi Brad ,
I certainly don't want to open the flood gates but Matt really is an approachable guy via email , customer service really is second to none IMO . Cheers Gebhard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back