First Legion American Civil War /Union (1 Viewer)

Hi Shark,
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and to the First Legion thread {bravo}}:salute:: . I had a similar experience when First legion introduced their Stalingrad line . I had just about given up on WWII as part of my collection , but do to the all around quality of their releases i found myself buying first one to have a closer look to now just about one of each :redface2:. I'm currently collecting Naps , Stalingrad , Crusaders and soon to be starting with the first Roman releases . Welcome aboard , look forward to talking all things FL with you . Regards Gebhard
Thanks Gebhard for the comments. And thanks Brad for finding out the info on the preorders. That doesn't give me much time to pick up those rebels, but here is to hoping I can pull it off.

Rob mate,
My first post on the FL section of the Forum. Watch all the hands go for the guns and knives. ^&grin But hold your horses fellas. Whilst I am not a FL collector and never will be for personnal reasons, I must admit that those Buford dismounted cavalry are some really nice figures. Of all the ACW Generals, John Buford is my favourite, Union wise that is and his guys have been nicely protrayed here by FL.
Now boys, that wasn't what you expected was it. So Rob collect what you like and enjoy your collecting.:smile2:
Cheers Howard

Howard,I have two ACW dio's planned, one featuring CS,Conte,Britains and K&C, and the other featuring only FL'S figures. However given the current atmosphere re different TS makes I shall be doing just what I know three other FL collectors on here are doing...keeping quiet about it!.

Am looking forward to seeing Matt's ACW artillery, am hoping for Union guns first, got to break up Picketts charge after all!:smile2:

Rob

Rob mate,
My first post on the FL section of the Forum. Watch all the hands go for the guns and knives. ^&grin But hold your horses fellas. Whilst I am not a FL collector and never will be for personnal reasons, I must admit that those Buford dismounted cavalry are some really nice figures. Of all the ACW Generals, John Buford is my favourite, Union wise that is and his guys have been nicely protrayed here by FL.
Now boys, that wasn't what you expected was it. So Rob collect what you like and enjoy your collecting.:smile2:
Cheers Howard

Please Howard feel free to join in any of the First Legion discussions, always good to have another voice in the mix whether you are a collector or bystander of First Legion, never know, might wanna take a looky at one someday and add another line to your great collection...Sammy

Sammy,
Regarding Howard you forget that he was at the Chicago show last year and would have seen George's FL display.

Prior to that Chicago Show he had actually bought a few FL Naps but decided not to continue collecting the range.

I think it fair to say he has had a look.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Brett

I know I'm really out of order for posting this here in the middle of this row, and some FL fans will hate me(even more than they do) for saying it but.....any news on Bufords boys ?!^&grin:wink2:

Rob

Rob,

Back to business. Did you not see the post I made that Matt had emailed me saying pre-orders in July and availability in August? :smile2:

Rob,

Back to business. Did you not see the post I made that Matt had emailed me saying pre-orders in July and availability in August? :smile2:

No sorry Brad I missed that, thanks very much.^&cool

Returning to this thread during the row reminds me of the old joke about English football in the 80's, someone went to watch a fight and a football match broke out!:wink2:

Thanks Brad

Rob

No sorry Brad I missed that, thanks very much.^&cool

Returning to this thread during the row reminds me of the old joke about English football in the 80's, someone went to watch a fight and a football match broke out!:wink2:

Thanks Brad

Rob

Rob, That's what we say about US Hockey^&grin^&grin....Last game of the Stanley Cup on Tues. nite: Bruins vs. Vancouver.....Rob you are always welcome on the FL side of the forum...Best Frank

Rob, That's what we say about US Hockey^&grin^&grin....Last game of the Stanley Cup on Tues. nite: Bruins vs. Vancouver.....Rob you are always welcome on the FL side of the forum...Best Frank

^&grin

Thank you Frank

Rob

Howard,I have two ACW dio's planned, one featuring CS,Conte,Britains and K&C, and the other featuring only FL'S figures. However given the current atmosphere re different TS makes I shall be doing just what I know three other FL collectors on here are doing...keeping quiet about it!.

Am looking forward to seeing Matt's ACW artillery, am hoping for Union guns first, got to break up Picketts charge after all!:smile2:

Rob

Well Rob, it's too late to hide your collecting FL ACW. Anyone who knows you must be certain you are going to buy some at London if possible. :rolleyes2: And I don't see why any collector has to hide what they are collecting - I certainly won't. I just got a few Manes Marzano figures - Retreat from Moscow and think they make a nice impact set counterpoint to the summer clothed FL French Line infantry

Terry

Well Rob, it's too late to hide your collecting FL ACW. Anyone who knows you must be certain you are going to buy some at London if possible. :rolleyes2: And I don't see why any collector has to hide what they are collecting - I certainly won't. I just got a few Manes Marzano figures - Retreat from Moscow and think they make a nice impact set counterpoint to the summer clothed FL French Line infantry

Terry, I have my reasons but they are not for here, I don't want to be responsible for this thread going off kilter again!

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't worry about that Rob. The FL Civil War figures are fantastic and I'm sure you'll like them a lot. Just wait until see see them at the Show. Don't worry Tony and Mike won't be sticking pins in you ^&grin

I wouldn't worry about that Rob. The FL Civil War figures are fantastic and I'm sure you'll like them a lot. Just wait until see see them at the Show. Don't worry Tony and Mike won't be sticking pins in you ^&grin

^&grin

I'm sure they WILL be sticking pins in me Brad, but it won't be because of FL, more because I'm a nuisance all year!!^&grin:wink2:

Rob

Sammy,
Regarding Howard you forget that he was at the Chicago show last year and would have seen George's FL display.

Prior to that Chicago Show he had actually bought a few FL Naps but decided not to continue collecting the range.

I think it fair to say he has had a look.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Brett

Doesn't help or hurt me Brett, I was just throwing it out there for Howard to feel free to join in our First Legion discussions anytime, no bad blood here, as far as what he does or doesn't collect that's his choice...Sammy

Terry

BRAVO, fully agree! Seems quite childish to say that you are hiding from collecting a certain brand. Just buy what you like and that's it.

I am probably miles behind the drag curve here, but as anyone else seen the Toy Soldier Collector new US Civial War Cavalry Generals?

Although not my bag, "very impressive"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back