First Legion Elephant Preview (2 Viewers)

Carthaginians have been done already; although they were primarily Macedonian mercenaries in service to Carthage. Plus Celts, Iberians, Numidians and anyone else who hated the Romans.

Scale armor on the War Elephant as used by the Seleucids of Antiochus III against the Romans at the Battle of Magnesia in 190 BC would be great!

Not by FL, .,Except for the Blackhawk elephant, you will find something wrong aren't you. That it already been made by someone, And you will say it should only cost $200 because there is no market for Elephant s aren't you? You will say something negative on that and this always aren't you? And of course you will try to have the last word, and it be gospel according to Katana right? How did that go for you in the other thread, did you convince the majority, close to it? Nah!!

Last edited:
I stated in a previous comment that the First Legion sculpt of an Asian Elephant was very nice and anatomically correct. I think that it is superior to the TG prototype in that respect.

Carthaginians and Macedonians wore similar styles of armor during the Hellenistic period; any differences would be minor. I do think the Battle of Magnesia or Pyrrhus's invasion of Italy are superb examples of the tactical use of War Elephants; where Zama was a disaster.

Would it not be great to see Hannibal on top of an elephant?, and a few of his friends on top of it?, when someone mentions war elephants, dont people usually think of Hannibal first or second?can not wait to see what FL has up their sleeves!!

Opps...my mistake!! :) when I saw the heading of a Elephant my thoughts went directly to WWII German Elephant tank!!! oh well, wishful thinking, but none the less a nice looking Elephant either way.

I'm with you Sammy....An Eastern Front WWII German Elephant Tank Destroyer would have been GREAT .... maybe Matt will agree...{sm4}

Alexander the Great was the first European to use War Elephants in battle. The Successor States used them extensively. The Sassanian Persians also used War Elephants. Indian War Elephants were used until the advent of cannon made them obsolete on the battlefield.

Been waiting for this a long time after missing my opportunity on an Aeroart war elephant many years ago... Would prefer a Carthaginian war elephant but at this point, don't care what range it is produced for as long as I get one in my collection to display. First Legion's timing couldn't have been better to announce this new offering! :salute::

Matt, any news? I am one of those who passed on the Tiger to be able to afford the elephant.

I am almost in the same boat. No pun intended as I have been recently tempted by the Collectors Showcase new u-boat, but I am holding off until First Legion's elephants are announced.

Matt, any news? I am one of those who passed on the Tiger to be able to afford the elephant.

Yes Matt

Stick to traditional popular war elephants Carthage, Greek, Persian,

all the best

Hi Matt

Will the elephant be affordable to most, rough idea of cost, when are you looking at release date and is it Greek, Persian, Carthage etc

I did not like the Thomus Gunn one for the price asked, bought the unpainted one and on its way to my Russian pro painter friends to make unique.

all the best for Christmas

Trevor

( yeap me from Australia on this forum also )

Hi Matt

Will the elephant be affordable to most, rough idea of cost, when are you looking at release date and is it Greek, Persian, Carthage etc

I did not like the Thomus Gunn one for the price asked, bought the unpainted one and on its way to my Russian pro painter friends to make unique.

all the best for Christmas

Trevor

( yeap me from Australia on this forum also )

I wonder, how much you pay to your painter to beat the TGM price please ??
Last painter prices i heard from Russia would not be able to be cheaper than the TGM price (not to forget the shipping costs to russia and back...??)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back