First Legion worth the price? (1 Viewer)

Hello Eric ,
The short answer is a big YES :wink2: . The long answer from a long time matte collector if interested is.... I have always when it came to the matte part of my toy soldier collection wanted to have the most realistically sculpted figures finished to the highest quality painting . I actually first found out about First Legion while at a show buying from dealers selling figures sculpted and painted in Russia which I have collected for decades. Needless to say I was very impressed by what I saw... firstly someone was actually producing Napoleonic Bavarian figures at a pretty high quality and for what was then in my opinion a give away price .

I'm not sure what you have in your collection but in answer to your question of
"What can I expect in terms of painting, sculpting etc. ? I'd say you can expect to see the finest researched and sculpted figures finished to a higher quality of painting as compared to any of the other companies on offer in the " Matte by manufacture " category . Can you get figures painted much much better ? yes you can I have shelves full of em , but I can tell you from years of doing it you will pay many many times more for em . What brought me on board with First Legion was the fact that no matter how much I spent on true Connoisseur or Master Class commisions I could never build a full unit . They just don't produce them in the variety of poses needed ...I have been very happy for the success First Legion have gained in the industry . For me it was a no brainer... figures sculpted by master Sculptors in Russia and painted by trained painters in China to keep cost down.. its idea that is in my opinion a plan for true success . I would say buy one or two and give em a try , I think you will agree they are the working mans Connoiseur and well worth the asking price .. regards Gebhard

I do think FL is very good value for the money! Hope they can keep it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back