FOB039 - Blitzkrieg Panzer IV Question (1 Viewer)

barneywomble

Corporal
Hi Fellow Collectors... I am doing some historical research on some of my figures and vehicles and was confused by the small marking (logo) on the FOB039 - Blitzkrieg Panzer IV. It shows what I think is an oakleaf outline... I checked my copy of the Divisional Emblems booklet 1945 and they show a very similar if not identical emblem and state it is for the 189th Infantry Division. Is this correct, did the 189th have an armored section ?

Cheers
Marc

FOB039 - marking.jpg

Hi Fellow Collectors... I am doing some historical research on some of my figures and vehicles and was confused by the small marking (logo) on the FOB039 - Blitzkrieg Panzer IV. It shows what I think is an oakleaf outline... I checked my copy of the Divisional Emblems booklet 1945 and they show a very similar if not identical emblem and state it is for the 189th Infantry Division. Is this correct, did the 189th have an armored section ?

Cheers
Marc

View attachment 146181

One of my complaints about K&C is that Andy sometimes modifies the markings on AFVs - I suppose because he thinks they will look better. Sometimes the markings are just made up. But in this case, it's exactly the correct symbol. It is the original symbol for the 1st Panzer Division used from it's formation in 1935 to mid-1940 and was used during the invasion of Poland in 1939 and the Battle of France May 1940. There are a few close variations used as you found in your 2nd post. The symbol was replaced by a white or yellow X after the Battle of France by Fall 1940 and then by a yellow inverted Y in early 1941.

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back