Formtech scenery (1 Viewer)

nigelhaywood123

Private 2
Hi
Hobby Bunker. Michigan Toy Soldier, Barszo, TSSD all carry these great looking pieces.
Some are branded by name, others called simply Formtech.

Who sculpts these?? (posted other thread in H&A for Ken Osen to see)
One individual sculptor?? Each company sculpting their own?? Formtech sculpting??

Interested to hear re??
thanks
Nigel

Hi
Hobby Bunker. Michigan Toy Soldier, Barszo, TSSD all carry these great looking pieces.
Some are branded by name, others called simply Formtech.

Who sculpts these?? (posted other thread in H&A for Ken Osen to see)
One individual sculptor?? Each company sculpting their own?? Formtech sculpting??

Interested to hear re??
thanks
Nigel
Here is a direct link to Form Tech
http://www.sdsoldiers.com/formtech.html

Here is a direct link to Form Tech
http://www.sdsoldiers.com/formtech.html

Maybe TSSD is formtech ??
Although, I think perhaps Hobby Bunker a more likely candidate? or maybe Michtoy. They both seem to have large exclusive collections.

could perhaps be Ken Osen, although I think Ken is only model sculptor, and has sculpted for.

Similarly with Ron Barzso, I think could possibly be produced by formtech and then labled as Barzso (perhaps because Ron either sculpted, or commissioned a sculpt of, and ultimately produced to his own design).

No, I think formtech is probably just a production factory and not an actual product brand...

Maybe I'm way out here, and wrong, but I got a feeling I'm heading somewhere in right direction?
Be interesting to find out?

thanks

Is finally clarified by Ken Osen, within other similar thread.
George from Minutemen was right too.

Thanks to Ken, can definitely confirm are moulding manufacturers only and in the main manufacturing for the brands only.

The brands are solely to blame for any confusion.
Is similarly like K&C employing Yuk-Kum-Lau moulding manufacturers (ok I made this up) to make up from moulds and then calling their product Yuk-Kum-Lau.
We'd all be confused then???

Ron Barszo has got the right idea, simply calling Barszo. H&A the same.
others, should get a grip? Either is your product or someone else's

thanks to Ken and George

Nigel,
Glad to help. The confusion stems from the fact that Formtech at one time made all of their own products and sold them themselves. They then decided to wholesale them and they call their own products "Formtech".

Dealers have started calling the pieces they sent to Formtech to have mass produced "Formtech" as well so customers know they are made of the same lightweight material as the Formtech originals are.

I approached them afew years ago about having a four foot by two foot Stalingrad tractor factory made as well as a 4 foot by 2 foot Tarawa seawall and bunker complex fighting position.

We went back and forth on it several times, then it just died on the vines sadly, we couldn't get on the same page...........

Regards,
George

Gearge
yes you were right is manufacturer only, and like you say is/was very confusing. Especially like Ken said also when some are similar 'family' styles.

if this is the companies' idea? then why dont we all just call their figures the same.
yeah is great idea, i think from now on should all do this, will contact TSSD and ask if they can sell me some of those fantastic formtech figures they supply. what would K&C or WB say about this??
Thanks George
Nigel

Gearge
yes you were right is manufacturer only, and like you say is/was very confusing. Especially like Ken said also when some are similar 'family' styles.

if this is the companies' idea? then why dont we all just call their figures the same.
yeah is great idea, i think from now on should all do this, will contact TSSD and ask if they can sell me some of those fantastic formtech figures they supply. what would K&C or WB say about this??
Thanks George
Nigel

Nigel,
Glad I could help with the whole Formtech issue, have been selling their stuff for 12 years, it continues to be sought after.........

Regards,
George

Nigel,
Glad I could help with the whole Formtech issue, have been selling their stuff for 12 years, it continues to be sought after.........

Regards,
George

Hi George
I have very many of the 1/32 pieces available that they made. In the bigger stuff.
very versatile models and can use in many differing diorama scenarios
is definitely great models as you would expect as sculpted by Ken Osen and some others.
yes would imagine is still very sought after and hope that others found these threads about them very interesting also. just as I have.
is great insights into, and some great background behind these product from you and Ken
thanks nigel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back