Forum back up and running (1 Viewer)

Peter Reuss

2nd Lieutenant
This morning the Treefrog forum ran into some issues with a group attempting to hack into forums around the world. My back end people did a fabulous job of getting things back up and running. The only way to bring it back up to speed was to go back to the last back-up of the forum database which was done on Thursday evening. Yes, some posts from last night are lost, but that's a small price to pay for good security. The 'quick fix' to ensure that you did not run into any problems was to password protect the whole forum folder. That was why you got the odd message when you attempted to get onto the forum.

We have pinpointed where the intrusion came and have closed the problem.

Many forums are 'paid' sites, meaning that the databases contain credit card numbers, etc that would be interesting to a hacker. We do not have such info for any of you, so they didn't get what they were looking for.

I apologize for the inconvenience (if I had hair I might have lost some of it today), but am pleased that we are up and running again. Let me know if you find anything wonky!

Yeah Pete every time i reply i get the same message we where getting the other time the site collapsed last week.
Database memory error.........................^&confuse

Yeah Pete every time i reply i get the same message we where getting the other time the site collapsed last week.
Database memory error.........................^&confuse

Database Error Database error
The Treefrog Treasures Toy Soldier Forums database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.treefrogtreasures.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.treefrogtreasures.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

It appears that when you go to make a post it takes you to a 'database error' screen, but apparently the posts go through just fine.

We are working on it...but it may be a bit before it's completely pinned down.

Keep calm and carry on!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 58
It appears that when you go to make a post it takes you to a 'database error' screen, but apparently the posts go through just fine.

We are working on it...but it may be a bit before it's completely pinned down.

Keep calm and carry on!

Hi Pete, I have posted a few pics this morning and in one of the post it has placed a picture that is "NOT" mine and I "DID NOT" upload it. I think it came from someone else's post... I won't upload any more pics for a while.

cheers
Marc

Hi Pete, I have posted a few pics this morning and in one of the post it has placed a picture that is "NOT" mine and I "DID NOT" upload it. I think it came from someone else's post... I won't upload any more pics for a while.

cheers
Marc

Can you give me a link to that post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back