FOV for 2010. (1 Viewer)

J.Sparrow

Private 2
So does anyone have any ideas what could be released for the 2010 season regarding FOV? Tanks and vehicles? Anyone with an inside look?:confused:

FOV has not been very creative or prolific with their releases during these diffiucult economic times. The high end manufacturers seem to be doing well but the low/mid market seems to be pulling back :eek: ( ie Century 21 gone ). Hopefully 2010 will be a better, more interesting year with more releases.

Cheers
CFM :)

I for one would like to have another German 1/16 anything. It looked to me like their 1/16 Sherman didn't sell very well or at least you could pick one up at about cost $250 on some sites. I remember speaking to someone from FOV some years ago when the King Tiger came out and asked about there plans for future 1/16 products and was told " after the King Tigers were looking at a Tiger 1, Sherman and then a M1A1 Abrams ". So far all have come out except the M1A1. I for one hope they shelve the Abrams and give us a Panther, Jagdtiger or Jagdpanther, anything German would sell-out.

I for one would like to have another German 1/16 anything. It looked to me like their 1/16 Sherman didn't sell very well or at least you could pick one up at about cost $250 on some sites. I remember speaking to someone from FOV some years ago when the King Tiger came out and asked about there plans for future 1/16 products and was told " after the King Tigers were looking at a Tiger 1, Sherman and then a M1A1 Abrams ". So far all have come out except the M1A1. I for one hope they shelve the Abrams and give us a Panther, Jagdtiger or Jagdpanther, anything German would sell-out.

Have to agree a 1/16 panther & jagdpanther would sell well + Sherman Firefly .
picked up the 1/16 Sherman for £200.00 :D

i heard from another board they might release an opel blitz truck because the unimax rep said that collectors tend to buy german vehicles/armor more.

I attended the Hobby Show in the Chicago area a couple of months ago and I spoke to the FOV rep. He said FOV was looking into an Opel Blitz release in 2010. The rep said FOV was working on a licensing agreement with Opel. He also said "older" collectors tended to collect WWII pieces and younger collectors collected modern pieces. Bravo Team essentially was created for the younger market. I got the distinct impression FOV was not going to offer any modern pieces. I complimented the rep for the latest Soviet tank since it was not one of the 'usual' suspects (Sherman, Tiger, Panzer, etc.) and I especially thanked FOV for the 2 1/2 ton US truck. Hopefully FOV will release something new..... and hopefully different.

I attended the Hobby Show in the Chicago area a couple of months ago and I spoke to the FOV rep. He said FOV was looking into an Opel Blitz release in 2010. The rep said FOV was working on a licensing agreement with Opel. He also said "older" collectors tended to collect WWII pieces and younger collectors collected modern pieces. Bravo Team essentially was created for the younger market. I got the distinct impression FOV was not going to offer any modern pieces. I complimented the rep for the latest Soviet tank since it was not one of the 'usual' suspects (Sherman, Tiger, Panzer, etc.) and I especially thanked FOV for the 2 1/2 ton US truck. Hopefully FOV will release something new..... and hopefully different.

Thanks for complimenting him for the unusual stuff. I hope he is taking it to heart.

The price and detail on the FOV vehicle product lines can't be beat. And if you weather their vehicles it puts them over the top.
Nick

Re: 21st Century

has 21st century ceased production of 1/32 scale vehicles??(ultimate soldier)
I can't seem to find any new product anymore at toys R Us

Re: 21st Century

has 21st century ceased production of 1/32 scale vehicles??(ultimate soldier)
I can't seem to find any new product anymore at toys R Us
This manufacturer is OOB. Go to the More Manufacturers page and click on retired manufacturers. -- lancer

Actually 21st century will be coming back under a new company name its not clear what moulds they were able to reclaim but their first release is going to be a 1/18 scale p51 with nude nose art and swastika kill markings. They will not however stock their product in tru or wallmart as far as i have heard.

Hey Guys,
I will try to find out what the Forces Of Valor line up will be this year. Also someone commented on 21st Century Toys, if memory serves me right I believe they are not around any longer.
-Jason

Hi Guys,

A couple of days ago I was at the Annual Hong Kong Toy and Gift Show… A couple of interesting points…

1) No Forces of Valor, at least none that I could find anywhere. A couple of years ago they had a huge stand fitted out like a WW2 German Pillbox/ Bunker. How times have changed!

2) 21st Century… Again, obviously, no sign of them… But I did meet up with one of their former suppliers and this guy was not a “happy camper”. According to him… his factory and several others in China were owed in the region of 11 million big ones!!!

But, then again who knows, 21st Century has resurfaced in the past… they may do so again.

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy C.

Hi Guys,

I was told today, that they won't know until after the Toy Fair next month.
-Jason

Hi Guys,

A couple of days ago I was at the Annual Hong Kong Toy and Gift Show… A couple of interesting points…

1) No Forces of Valor, at least none that I could find anywhere. A couple of years ago they had a huge stand fitted out like a WW2 German Pillbox/ Bunker. How times have changed!

2) 21st Century… Again, obviously, no sign of them… But I did meet up with one of their former suppliers and this guy was not a “happy camper”. According to him… his factory and several others in China were owed in the region of 11 million big ones!!!

But, then again who knows, 21st Century has resurfaced in the past… they may do so again.

Andy C.

Wow!

Too bad on the FOV front. FOV specifically, got me into this hobby along with Nick at TSSD.

Now how do we recruit into the Military Miniature hobby.

Thanks for the report Andy.

Carlos

Hi Guys,

Andy C.

I will repeat agian 21'st century is coming back under a new name and logo (All Go Toys) they just put up their new site here is the link
http://www.allgotoys.com/

The airplanes refer to 1:18 WW2 fighters. The vehicles and figures just say "coming soon". The photo on the figures section looks like 1:18 scale.

Yep their first release will be a 1/18 p51 with nude nose art and swastika kill markings, as of yet no news on the 1/32 but they will be persuing it in the near future also they plan on making alot of the prototype 1/18 vehicles that were close to being ready EX. the king tiger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back