fov sd.kfz7/1 normandy 1944 (1 Viewer)

stefanuccio

Private 2
hallo all
one of the latest relise of f.o.v. is the german semitruck sd.kfz 7/1 tractor of the famous german 88 gun
apparently this sd.kfz7 is in the colour for Normandy 1944 and comes with a crew of 5 soldiers in a sand colour with some green camouflage
I would like to know if the paint scheme is really accurate for normandy 1944 and if the figures unoforms are correct for that period can anybody help me?!
regards to all
ciao stefano

Stefano,
I don't know the answer off hand, but if you take some pics & create a thread on Armorama.com in their AFV section & post the pics with the question I'm sure you'll get a ton of replies. Some really knowledeable people there. The only down side is they're a bit difficult to post pictures to. it's a bit convaluted in the process.

Stefano
The tractor is an SDKFZ 7,not a 7/1.The 7/1 was an an anti aircraft mount.As for crew uniforms it all depends on which unit you want to portray.An SS crew would have different uniforms than a 'Heer' or a Luftwaffe crew.There are many sites on the net dealing with different camo schemes.Just google in 'German camouflage in Normandy' and that should give you the required answer.
Jeff

As far as I know there is nothing like "Wehrmacht equipement had to look this way to be accurate". The whole situation especially from 1944 onwards was signed by a huge lack of ressources. That included colour for camouflage paintings. The dark yellow paint was the basic painting for a long time (starting at some point between 1942 and 1943) and green and brown were applied later on in the field. Green and brown were much more expensive and harder to get. A lot of stuff came to combat with just the dark yellow painting and if there was the paint and the time green and brown were applied in different camouflage scemes or just anyway.
Quite often the troops used just mud and bits and pieses of plants.
There was no official camouflage sceme for artillery, cars and trucks so the appearance varied even more than it did with tanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back