Franks polikarpov has landed! (1 Viewer)

Old Bill

Sergeant First Class
A big surprise for me today - I received delivery of the Frank Tinker Polikarpov (thank you JJD UK! )

Very , very pleased with it! I only usually collect the WW1 planes - but I thought this one had such character (ugly duckling came to mind..... ) I went for it. The Frank Tinker figure is also outstanding. A really nice set.

Here's some pics:

Attachments

• frank1.JPG
    frank1.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 387
  • frank2.JPG
    frank2.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 408
  • pol1.JPG
    pol1.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 381
  • pol2.JPG
    pol2.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 411
And some more.........Cheers! Roy.

Attachments

• pol3.JPG
    pol3.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 253
  • pol4.JPG
    pol4.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 250
  • pol5.JPG
    pol5.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 254
  • opl6.JPG
    opl6.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 248
Outstanding! Beautiful aircraft and figure and photos. Thanks for the posts. Hope to get one in a few days or so. -- Al

Very nice plane!

I hope they make a WW2 Soviet variant of this plane. Either one of these would be great and on my "to get" list.

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

Outstanding! Beautiful aircraft and figure and photos. Thanks for the posts. Hope to get one in a few days or so. -- Al
Frank Tinker and his I-16 landed today and I must say it is one, neat little aircraft. The usual excellent detail and paint that I have come to expect from any JJD aircraft. Kind of reminds me of Gee-Bee R racer. The I-16 has the big, barrel shaped fuselage, little wings, and big motor of the racer and is small in over-all size like the racer. A very nice model of the important Russian fighter. -- Al

Just received mine as well. Have to say it is one of my all time favorites. The I-16 was always my mount of choice when I used to play IL-2. Looking forward to more paint schemes on this one - I'd get 'em all. The Tinker figure is also one of John's best pilot figures to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back