French Building WWII (1 Viewer)

Carlo,

That's a another lovely building-congratulations! The window curtains are a wonderful touch. I really enjoy your work. In fact, I must admit to have lost a fair bit of interest in toy soldiers while my sights are fixed more on what all the creative folks in this realm can produce on their own. Of course dioramas, structures, miniature photo scenes, etc all rely on figures to a degree, and that's what brought us all into the hobby. But my primary excitement now is coming from the work of individuals rather than production line stuff. Thanks for the photo, Joe

Carlo,

That's a another lovely building-congratulations! The window curtains are a wonderful touch. I really enjoy your work. In fact, I must admit to have lost a fair bit of interest in toy soldiers while my sights are fixed more on what all the creative folks in this realm can produce on their own. Of course dioramas, structures, miniature photo scenes, etc all rely on figures to a degree, and that's what brought us all into the hobby. But my primary excitement now is coming from the work of individuals rather than production line stuff. Thanks for the photo, Joe

thanks a lot Joe for the words of appreciation, I understand what you mean. It is true that figures without a setting that makes them come alive can seem too soulless. for this reason I started building settings for my collection, then moving on to create something for friends and then for other collectors who wish to give an atmosphere to their figures. Now, without rush too much, I build items for those who ask me.
In this Forum I have several friends who appreciate my creations which are always unique pieces...and not too expensive:tongue::tongue:.
I really admire David of TM Terrain and I try to take inspiration from his masterpieces to improve myself, even though I know that I will never be able to match his skill.
Thanks again and happy collecting
Carlo

You do wonderful design and production work, and you have a unique painting style and color palette as well. I enjoy David of TMT's work as well. I'm lucky to have his amazing Crusader wall in ruin in my collection. His work is inspirational indeed! He just floors me with his vision and execution. No project seems too large for him to tackle. You have serious talent as well, and I find your creations inspiring.

Happy planning & construction!
Joe

Carlo has created MANY buildings for my 1/32 WW1 town of St.Mihiel,France ..each creation is a wonder. I do have 250+- buildings on my shelves.Many pale in comparison to his workmanship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back