French Grenadiers - Bearskin hats or Tricorns? You decide... (1 Viewer)

Bearskin? No bearskin?

• Tricorns only for me please

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Bearskins only for me please

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I'd like both figures please

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters
James,

I feel the same way as you do. I would like to have John at least offer them up for club sets. But then I can also see John's side too. He might have made the figures because he was on a roll sculpting things one day and had an idea that he thought he would try out.

You know though, sometimes he has a figure for years before he gets around to making it for release. One of my favorite Indians was from his Melee weapons set. He had the finished sculpture showing on his web site for three years before it came out. It was killing me because I really liked it and wanted the figure.

Next time you are speaking to John, mention the idea of doing club sets of these other sculptures. Even if they do not match any series he is working on. Sometimes you see a sculpture and the pose has captured a story. Those figures are , to me, some of my favorite figures. They stand on their own. I know John has some that were concepts that just did not work for him, but surely he has a few that us gaming folks could buy?

Matthew

Hi Fraxinus,

Sorry, I don't know anymore....
I am quite sure we will get the Tricorn Grenadier, the other one John is asking for opinion.
I was shocked to learn that a lot of figures don't make the cut, even though they have been completed!
I guess this could be one of them.
As a collector, I'd like one (or more! ;)) of each, and it galls me to discover some figures never get made,
I guess this is a good thing, and ensures John's quality of work and product....

I'd like to see pictures of ones that don't make it.
Mark

Me too Mark.

I just don't see John doing that.

We need to tell John that we want to see the island of misfit toys. :)

Matthew

I'd like both, as long as everything is historically accurate. Have been waiting for some French troops in the Ticonderoga series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back