French Napoleonic Camp (1 Viewer)

Scarlet Pimpernel

Staff Sergeant
Just an experiment with a few diorama elements I have been working on...

I am brand new to photographing dios, so please excuse the crudeness of some of the photos.

This scene depicts the French camp between Jena and Auerstadt the evening of 12 October 1806, two days before Napoleon and Davout's forces split for the twin battles.

There are two significant historical "anomolies" in this diorama if it is meant to depict these historical figures and battles...see if you can identify the two errors!

Attachments

• French Line Infantry_Small.jpg
    French Line Infantry_Small.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 732
  • French Enter Camp at Sundown_Small.jpg
    French Enter Camp at Sundown_Small.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 612
  • French Camp02_Small.jpg
    French Camp02_Small.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 834
  • French Camp_Small.jpg
    French Camp_Small.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 828
  • Napoleon's Coach03_Small.jpg
    Napoleon's Coach03_Small.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 616
A few more pics...

Attachments

• Napoleon01_Small.jpg
    Napoleon01_Small.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 289
  • Canteen_Small.jpg
    Canteen_Small.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 281
  • British Prisoner_Small.jpg
    British Prisoner_Small.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 269
  • French Farrier_Small.jpg
    French Farrier_Small.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 294
  • Davout02_Small.jpg
    Davout02_Small.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 773
Errors or not this is amazing !!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ask a few questions?

1.Where did you get the horse that is being shod?

2. Who made the carriage with the white horses and is the Mameluke K&C.

Thanks very much

Scott

Great figure scenes and photography! :cool: The British Officer is probably an odd one out but does not detract from the overall effect you have achieved here. :)

Jeff

Errors or not this is amazing !!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ask a few questions?

1.Where did you get the horse that is being shod?

2. Who made the carriage with the white horses and is the Mameluke K&C.

Thanks very much

Scott

Scott:

The horse being shod is part of a Hinchliffe white metal French forge, which is not very well depicted in this photo, but I will take a better photo of the whole kit...a most enjoyable kit to work on, when you can still find them. They were produced in the 1970s but I still see them available from time to time.

The carriage is Historex (so it's plastic), while the horses were home cast from the Castings French artillery train.

The Mameluke is (believe it or not) an old Admiral Palau figure...they now sell for almost nothing on ebay...I usually see them not sell even when listed for 99 cents. I simply sawed off his horrible massive base and threw some Dullcote on him. Perhaps the photo isn't a great representation, but the quality is nothing like K&C (thank goodness for good lighting and distance :) )

Glad you enjoyed it.

Great figure scenes and photography! :cool: The British Officer is probably an odd one out but does not detract from the overall effect you have achieved here. :)

Jeff

You got it, Jeff! That is one of the anomolies...the other is a bit more subtle. :)

Scott:

The horse being shod is part of a Hinchliffe white metal French forge, which is not very well depicted in this photo, but I will take a better photo of the whole kit...a most enjoyable kit to work on, when you can still find them. They were produced in the 1970s but I still see them available from time to time.

The carriage is Historex (so it's plastic), while the horses were home cast from the Castings French artillery train.

The Mameluke is (believe it or not) an old Admiral Palau figure...they now sell for almost nothing on ebay...I usually see them not sell even when listed for 99 cents. I simply sawed off his horrible massive base and threw some Dullcote on him. Perhaps the photo isn't a great representation, but the quality is nothing like K&C (thank goodness for good lighting and distance :) )

Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for your answers Nicholas, I shall have to keep my eyes peeled for some of these. I especially like the carriage and horses.

How subtle?.....signpost for instance?

Jeff

Heh, no...it regards an accoutrement of one of the French commanders. I just checked the K&C figure of the same commander. They got it right, where I made the error some years ago.

Those are some really nice photos, looks great. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed viewing them.

I love the detailing and setup , specially marching FLI, makes a great composition.Excellent photos....

It all turned out really nice Nicholas...I know you been busting your butt on it...but it's really cool...thanks for the photos...the mat looks great...

ps...I sent you those 3 links with the foliage list...

MORE PICS PLEASE!

Nice blending of both your very nicely finished metal and plastic kit figures with your K & C figures in bring your tale to life Nicholas. Thanks for sharing them........The Lt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back