Future London Show venue (1 Viewer)

Where would you prefer the London show to be held in the future?

• The Business Design Centre (Current)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Royal National Hotel

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Haverstock School, Camden

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Somewhere else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Were the show is , I will go !!
Richard :salute::

And a good bar for the treeferoggers {sm3}
Richard

I suggest "Dirty Brenda's House of Ill Repute and 24 Executive Massage Parlour" in Tottenham
Much more fun venue

Would prefer a return to Royal National Hotel.

But sadly the demise of K&C uk and Brexit make this a somewhat forlorn hope.

Thanks to our Brexit voting brethren and the collapse of Sterling, methinks the market for Toy Soldiers in the UK has all but collapsed.

Brexiteers fail to realise that we produce and manufacture very little in Britain these days, including Toy Soldiers. All the things we hold dear are imported from abroad.

Would prefer a return to Royal National Hotel.

But sadly the demise of K&C uk and Brexit make this a somewhat forlorn hope.

Thanks to our Brexit voting brethren and the collapse of Sterling, methinks the market for Toy Soldiers in the UK has all but collapsed.

Brexiteers fail to realise that we produce and manufacture very little in Britain these days, including Toy Soldiers. All the things we hold dear are imported from abroad.

To be honest toy soldier were expensive before brexit in the U.K. and with the drop in the pound there less insensitive to buy from aboard and all honesty I doubt toy soldier were the top of people thought when they voted out anyway

To be honest toy soldier were expensive before brexit in the U.K. and with the drop in the pound there less insensitive to buy from aboard and all honesty I doubt toy soldier were the top of people thought when they voted out anyway

Of course It would be infantile to suggest that Toy Soldiers were upmost in minds when voting for Brexit.

My point was that prices across the board are rising: food, petrol, fuel etc.

Brexiteers failed to realise that the UK produces none of these. All imported. Thus all more expensive due to collapse of Sterling.

Let's keep Brexit out of it lads, this is about the show.

I agree about these stupid comments re Brexit. Also stupid comments such as the UK does not produce food.

Seriously, the future venue of the London Toy Soldier Show should be considered with great thought, as what image does this show want to give to its collectors and more importantly to the general public which this 'Hobby' needs to draw from for its future collectors. I do think dropping down from a designated Exhibition Centre to a performance hall in a local school is a step backwards. The new venue is also smaller in floor space compared to Islington. Having the show all on one floor is a good move, but when we moved from the Royal National the exhibitors were told it was going to be in 'one room' giving the impression of a single floor venue.

If less exhibitors attend the new venue, eventually this show will collapse as Guideline will not be able to afford even this new venue. What will you all do then?

New enthusiast need to be created and brought into this hobby for the sake of the hobby in the UK and no individual collector, exhibitor or small manufacturer can do that by themselves. If anything, Guideline should don their thinking caps to think of how to promote their market place for the future.

I have never been to any Toy Soldier shows outside of the UK, so it will be interesting to hear from any of you who have been to other shows in Europe to see how the London show compares in size.

I agree about these stupid comments re Brexit. Also stupid comments such as the UK does not produce food.

Seriously, the future venue of the London Toy Soldier Show should be considered with great thought, as what image does this show want to give to its collectors and more importantly to the general public which this 'Hobby' needs to draw from for its future collectors. I do think dropping down from a designated Exhibition Centre to a performance hall in a local school is a step backwards. The new venue is also smaller in floor space compared to Islington. Having the show all on one floor is a good move, but when we moved from the Royal National the exhibitors were told it was going to be in 'one room' giving the impression of a single floor venue.

If less exhibitors attend the new venue, eventually this show will collapse as Guideline will not be able to afford even this new venue. What will you all do then?

New enthusiast need to be created and brought into this hobby for the sake of the hobby in the UK and no individual collector, exhibitor or small manufacturer can do that by themselves. If anything, Guideline should don their thinking caps to think of how to promote their market place for the future.

I have never been to any Toy Soldier shows outside of the UK, so it will be interesting to hear from any of you who have been to other shows in Europe to see how the London show compares in size.

For me it was a lot easier getting to the old venue and maybe a place outside London with easy access to the motorway is the way forward

Am I right in thinking next two shows are still at Business Design centre and show doesn't switch to new venue until December?

Rob

Am I right in thinking next two shows are still at Business Design centre and show doesn't switch to new venue until December?

Rob

Yes that's right Rob

Cheers

Martyn:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back