Future London Shows 2023 (2 Viewers)

I agree with everything you say Barkman, spot on.

I did attend the show today and must say I was pleasantly surprised :) I did the 'early bird' and there was quite a few customers already there. 10.30 saw a substantial influx (actually a packed queue waiting to get in)

It was billed outside as 'The London Spring Model Show' .......... (fair enough) which does not bother me as I am into plastic/resin kits as well as Toy Soldier collecting. The Churchill hall was back in action, giving all the 5 areas
that originally housed the show. I would guess the Show was split reasonably evenly between Plastic Modelling and Toy Soldiers. There were 3 (I think) Hobby stalls selling modelling accessories. Very handy addition to the show for either hobbies I thought. I came away with paint brushes and a couple of 'wash' bottles. Quite a few modelling clubs were in attendance with some excellent finished models highlighting their members skills.

It was nice to chat to David Marshall, Clive and Sue (JJD) and Tina and Robin (K&C, First Legion, et al) again. Nothing really new Toy soldier wise (as far as I could see) apart from the Thomas Gun offerings you mentioned (and the latest JJD and K&C)) I did come away with a King and Country figure that has been on my SAS/LRDG wants list for some time - EA021 'On Guard'. Very pleased with that - would not have got it if I had not gone to the Show.
(You have to be in it to win it) :wink2:

There's life in the old dog yet?

Roy

Great to hear you got something you were looking for, that is the beauty of the shows, as said i was going but circumstances meant i could not, my remarks were generic on the show. Not sure the mix of stands would be for everyone, but glad they worked for you, possibly me as well. One thing about those that moan about the new people taking up stands, please remember they are not taking a stand from a TS company, they are not there instead of, but as well as. I go to the IPMS shows, great one at Thornbury every August and there are great model clubs there as well so i know the appeal. Still not long till June 2023.

Thank you so much, been waiting for these, the only way I will ever get to this event. This guy always does a good coverage with his video camera. Robin.

Thank you very much for the videos. Really enjoyed viewing the event. Nice work filming the Thomas Gunn Stand.

Cheers,
Grey

Sounds like it was well attended. If flight prices get lower I may go in June. They are pretty high at the moment.

I was going to go this show because of the flights were pretty cheap but I ended up sponsoring a local IPMS model show here in Western Massachusetts,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back