George H. W. Bush's Avenger "Barbara" (1 Viewer)

The largest Avenger model produced to date was the 1/18 scale by 21st Century Toys. JSI/Merit picked up the tooling when 21st century went out of business. A very impressive model that is still available on Ebay. Merit made a George H.W. Bush version with his name stenceled on the cockpit. Prices run about $250.00 new in the box .

The Hobby Master F6F Hellcat and SBD Dauntles 1/32 scale Diecast Metal models are very nice and work well with the JJD Navy figures IMO. I have posted photos of the aircraft and figures.

The largest Avenger model produced to date was the 1/18 scale by 21st Century Toys. JSI/Merit picked up the tooling when 21st century went out of business. A very impressive model that is still available on Ebay. Merit made a George H.W. Bush version with his name stenceled on the cockpit. Prices run about $250.00 new in the box .

The Hobby Master F6F Hellcat and SBD Dauntles 1/32 scale Diecast Metal models are very nice and work well with the JJD Navy figures IMO. I have posted photos of the aircraft and figures.

What is the link for the photos you mention above?

Thanks,

Randy

I would love TGM to make this model! Count me in!
I missed out on the 1/72 by Hobby Master and recently bought the Flight Wing 1/18 version...
Talk about "big"!

The photos are posted on the JJD thread and titled Navy Pilot figures with the F6F Hellcat and SBD Dauntless. The post is at the bottom of the first page of the thread at this time.

What is the link for the photos you mention above?

Thanks,

Randy

A 1/18 scale TBF Avenger was produced in 1998-2000 by Century 21 (Extreme Detail HD Line). Very detailed. If a 1/18 was produced once, I am sure a 1/30 scale is possible in the future. You could still find these in E-bay and price range from $160 to $200+

Attachments

• TBF.jpg
    TBF.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 189
A TBF Avenger in 1/30 scale would be impressive! It wouldn’t come cheap, but John could likely do a fantastic job with it... I’ve got a massive 1/18 scale model of Bush’s Avenger.

The wing span of the 1/18 scale Avenger is 36 inches; best to hang 1/18 aircraft from the ceiling IMO. Detail is amazing!

The original Bush 1/72 Avenger model by HM vs the one coming in 2019 Note the number change from 3 to 2

HA1201-2.JPG
HA1221-01-600x190.jpg

I would love TGM to make this model! Count me in!
I missed out on the 1/72 by Hobby Master and recently bought the Flight Wing 1/18 version...
Talk about "big"!

TGM did make an Avenger - this is mine.9969F63A-383C-417B-8901-7E75034192A7.jpeg

Decided to hang the Bush Avenger with some other of my 1/18 models I had in their box for way over 10 years!
Besides the Avenger, displayed a Zero, a P51D and a Me 109G... these models are very well painted and make for an impressive display.
As for their intended playability, I think they are somewhat fragile and when opening the gear, canopies or changing the pose on the pilot figures, you have to be VERY careful.

414091191.jpg

414091192.jpg

414091193.jpg

414091194.jpg

Given JJD's excellent F4U and the navy deck crews, I cannot imagine them not producing more navy aircraft. Hellcat, Dauntless, Helldiver, Avenger etc. A carrier superstructure to go with their deck would be very nice!

Given JJD's excellent F4U and the navy deck crews, I cannot imagine them not producing more navy aircraft. Hellcat, Dauntless, Helldiver, Avenger etc. A carrier superstructure to go with their deck would be very nice!

I quite agree on all points here. I know John is a busy fellow but more NAVY aircraft would be much welcomed.
As far as the Bunker Hill Carrier superstructure I would hop on that in a flash.

I suspect that it would be a "LARGE" item and maybe a costly one but I would surely sign up for that piece.

--- LArrY

That's an excellent idea.
and if the superstructure idea costs too much. what about an elevator base?
deck section (that fits amongst the existing deck sections) which has a deck elevator
that can be displayed at flush or partial elevated height where an aircraft can be situated with handlers. (provide stand offs so deck sections can match thicker elevator piece).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back