german tiger 1 FOV vs KC opinion (1 Viewer)

stefanuccio

Private 2
hi guys
I would like to have your opinion on the german tiger 1
do you think that in terms of accuracy and detailing is better the FOV version or the KC version?
also wath do you think about the accuracy of the fov tiger 1 80604 ?
www.flyingmule.com/products/um-80604
thanks for your reply
stefano

Stefano,

Nice picture. I think FOV are excellent quality and, a really good price. I know a lot of people who use them in conjunction with K&C figures and, although some will state they are not accurate in scale I think if a collector is happy to use them then that is fine.

There is no doubt that K&C have raised their level in terms of accuracy but, in 1/30th scale you are always limited not in accuracy per se detail but, size as most of the vehicles would be much bigger. I am a K&C fan but, FOV have consistantly been at the forefront of the quality/cost debate. The only downside for me, is their figures.

I have a few FOV and, they are about the same size as early K&C (WSS70/43 tigers) but, are better quality.

Again, its all about what suits the individual both athsetically and financially.

Best Wishes
Panzeraces

hi panzeraces
thanks for your reply
i tend to agree with you about FOV improved quality [Except soldiers]
KC remains imo the best one for figures
ciao stefano

FOV vehicles are good in their own right. They are too small to use with KC figures, though. If it's just a dio with armor and if using older KC pieces (that tended to be more towards 1/32 anyway) they should look fine.

I strongly agree! I had a ton of FOV stuff and then along came K&C stuff! OMG cant believe the quality and ended up selling all my FOV stuff cause it just didnt look right. K&C and Thomas Gunn ROCK!!

FOV vehicles are great for Dio work when cost is an issue. There are a few of us around here who can do wonders with them. But, Big BUT, K&C ROCKS!

I had a few FOV which I was quite impressed with, vehicle wise. FOV figures are a big let down. I committed to KC and like manufacturers because they made excellent vehicles AND figures. Unloaded all FOV except my Tiger I and a Sherman, both relegated to back room display. -- Al

Compairing apples to oranges I'm afraid. I started with Matchbox, Corgi and Airfix. Then FOV seemed a huge step up. Then K&C left FOV in the dust and now there are so many wonderful manufacturers to choose from that its really mind boggling. The realism, quality and choice just keeps getting better and better for us TREEFROGGERS.

Compairing apples to oranges I'm afraid. I started with Matchbox, Corgi and Airfix. Then FOV seemed a huge step up. Then K&C left FOV in the dust and now there are so many wonderful manufacturers to choose from that its really mind boggling. The realism, quality and choice just keeps getting better and better for us TREEFROGGERS.

Totally agree with you, bro. Each new product gets better and better! I do like the painting and weathering on some of the FOV Tigers and Jagdpanthers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back