Gettysburg Toy Soldier Show 2019 (1 Viewer)

Thank you for sharing that. Unfortunately I will be in Vineland NJ that weekend at my sons baseball tournament. I wish all attendees a pleasant experience. I was particularly impressed with the authentic "London during the Blitz" blackout which occurred an hour into last years show. I thought that was a really interesting touch of realism to add to a toy soldier themed show. I would recommend attendees bring along fully charged wireless phones, a backup, perhaps a gas powered 5k generator (as the hotel didn't seem to have any- again sticking to the theme of the London Blitz- it must have been a rationing issue) and perhaps even an oil soaked torch!

In all seriousness- I do hope the show goes on without a glitch and collectors score long sought after pieces whilst dealers rake in the dough!!!

Thank you for sharing that. Unfortunately I will be in Vineland NJ that weekend at my sons baseball tournament. I wish all attendees a pleasant experience. I was particularly impressed with the authentic "London during the Blitz" blackout which occurred an hour into last years show. I thought that was a really interesting touch of realism to add to a toy soldier themed show. I would recommend attendees bring along fully charged wireless phones, a backup, perhaps a gas powered 5k generator (as the hotel didn't seem to have any- again sticking to the theme of the London Blitz- it must have been a rationing issue) and perhaps even an oil soaked torch!

In all seriousness- I do hope the show goes on without a glitch and collectors score long sought after pieces whilst dealers rake in the dough!!!

I'm bringing some coal miner helmets complete with lights in the event of another blackout.........................that show was hopping like a pail full of frogs too up until that point..............it's one of the better shows, I look forward to it every year...................

Any information as to which dealers are attending the show? Also any recommendations on what other vendors/locations to visit in Gettysburg and any good places to eat?

La Bella Italia isn't just my favorite restaurant in Gettysburg, it's my favorite restaurant PERIOD! Id strongly recommend them- I always go sometime over my birthday weekend.

If time permits, always check the battlefield- it is a fun place to visit- the Eisenhower house is cool too- Gettysburg College is nice for a stroll. There is a pretty unique shop across from the Gettysburg Antique Center which has at least one historical Presidential item on display- he had a rocking chair from JFK and another one from G Washington.

I hope you have a great time!!! :)

La Bella Italia has to be owned by a guy from NY in the witness protection program, there is no way food that good would be there otherwise, top shelf...……......I remember the time you and I ate there after the show, we ate like Vikings, just great food.

As far as vendors; I'll be there, Al Green, Army Group Center, Mike Jones, Dan Jones, Hogermeyer, Larry from For the Historian with soldier and books, Tom Dubel and John Stengle off the top of my head, plus a number of retired metal dealers and vintage plastics dealers as well, it's a solid, long running show...…..

La Bella Italia isn't just my favorite restaurant in Gettysburg, it's my favorite restaurant PERIOD! Id strongly recommend them- I always go sometime over my birthday weekend.

If time permits, always check the battlefield- it is a fun place to visit- the Eisenhower house is cool too- Gettysburg College is nice for a stroll. There is a pretty unique shop across from the Gettysburg Antique Center which has at least one historical Presidential item on display- he had a rocking chair from JFK and another one from G Washington.

I hope you have a great time!!! :)

Thank very much, very much appreciated!!!

La Bella Italia has to be owned by a guy from NY in the witness protection program, there is no way food that good would be there otherwise, top shelf...……......I remember the time you and I ate there after the show, we ate like Vikings, just great food.

As far as vendors; I'll be there, Al Green, Army Group Center, Mike Jones, Dan Jones, Hogermeyer, Larry from For the Historian with soldier and books, Tom Dubel and John Stengle off the top of my head, plus a number of retired metal dealers and vintage plastics dealers as well, it's a solid, long running show...…..

Great thank you! I was planning to visit the From the Historian :). Is there also a toy soldier store in town? Do they participate in the show?

Great thank you! I was planning to visit the From the Historian :). Is there also a toy soldier store in town? Do they participate in the show?

Yes, there is a toy soldier shop; Gettysburg Toy Soldier, John usually comes to the show and has a couple of tables, his shop is also open that Sunday as well.

Yes, there is a toy soldier shop; Gettysburg Toy Soldier, John usually comes to the show and has a couple of tables, his shop is also open that Sunday as well.

It will be a grand time, I am not sure what the heck I am bringing yet, but I can guarantee it will be unique! I also am looking forward to spending Saturday in Gettysburg seeking treasure prior to the show on Sunday!

George - love the Witness Protection comment, that is just priceless!

PS - don't forget the Coal Miner Helmets in case some yahoo decides to take out the electric for a 5 mile radius!

TD

It will be a grand time, I am not sure what the heck I am bringing yet, but I can guarantee it will be unique! I also am looking forward to spending Saturday in Gettysburg seeking treasure prior to the show on Sunday!

George - love the Witness Protection comment, that is just priceless!

PS - don't forget the Coal Miner Helmets in case some yahoo decides to take out the electric for a 5 mile radius!

TD

Just make sure you don't bring anything that competes with what "Langenhouser" sells...………………;)………...

I'm going to try to talk you into staying Sunday for dinner there, you won't regret it, beats stopping at McDonalds on the way home...……………….trust me, you'll love it...………...

I will be selling some things this year at the show too. This will be my first time selling at a show. I am starting to downsize my collection and this is a great place to start. I have mainly plastic figures, some generators, lanterns, flashlights and candles....

I will also be displaying the Prikaz figures to show to collectors. It should be fun. I will get to Gettysburg on Saturday and be stay at the Eisenhower Hotel.

I have set up a page for the Gettysburg Toy Soldier show for John Stengel and will have it updated each year to provide information.

https://warhorseminiatures.com/gettysburg-toy-soldier-show/

Here is my latest post about some things on the show and Gettysburg. I will check out that Italian restaurant. I usually go to the Dobbin House just for the historical feel.

https://warhorseminiatures.com/2019/04/27/latest-news-04-27-2019-planning-for-the-gettysburg-toy-soldier-show-new-toy-soldiers-preview/

ok, so I went through and packed today, lots of odds and ends and many bargains. I will have the following some higher end Trophy and Toy Army Workshop World War 1 sets (duplicates) that are mint in box as well as High End Russian (Aeroart) and Commission figures. Also some Trophy Singles from Town and Country series - vintage, these are old Trophy including a Hobo, Cricket Player, Blacksmith, Bobby.

Bargains - lots of old glossy box sets including some from Marlborough, Tradition, Nick Creighton (Gulf War stuff, rare but bargain) , more I can't think of. Bargains also on a very small Retired K&C selection, Jenkins (retired), some other odds/ends.

I usually don't really list what I am bringing, but since I am posting while fresh in my head, just rolling off.

If you like Commission artwork type figures, I have a few I am bringing that are just incredible that I had done, but you can't keep it all!

Also, my Stepdad will be my helper this time, he has a PHD and is a retired Chief at ARL in Aberdeen, so if you are looking for someone to talk to regarding history and weapons and warfare, he will bend your ear!

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back