Gloss ID for Fijian soldier ??? (1 Viewer)

Obee

Captain
This casting came with a job lot last month ...

Fijicast.jpg

There was no arm, but I have used on from my spares box and painted him in ceremonial uniform as a Royal Fiji Military Force c1950.

The soldier is wearing the traditional 'Sulu' or kilt like garment, no headdress and has sandals as foot ware which is their ceremonial uniform.

Fijil.jpg Fijir.jpg

I thought he could be Britains or one of the other companies, but can't find any reference, maybe someone can enlighten me ???

John

This casting came with a job lot last month ...

View attachment 300893

There was no arm, but I have used on from my spares box and painted him in ceremonial uniform as a Royal Fiji Military Force c1950.

The soldier is wearing the traditional 'Sulu' or kilt like garment, no headdress and has sandals as foot ware which is their ceremonial uniform.

View attachment 300894 View attachment 300895

I thought he could be Britains or one of the other companies, but can't find any reference, maybe someone can enlighten me ???

John

John is it from the Nostalgia line?
Tom

He's in the Nostalgia pamphlet, as Fiji Armed Constabulary, 1900. It also shows the set's officer in a longer jacket, with sword carried upright in the right hand, and the scabbard in the left. The brochure is frustrating in that it has lots of pictures and no set numbers. Your casting looked pretty rough - could it be a recast? There should be a cursive N and a set number under the base.

He's in the Nostalgia pamphlet, as Fiji Armed Constabulary, 1900. It also shows the set's officer in a longer jacket, with sword carried upright in the right hand, and the scabbard in the left. The brochure is frustrating in that it has lots of pictures and no set numbers. Your casting looked pretty rough - could it be a recast? There should be a cursive N and a set number under the base.

Mike, thanks for your reply, and yes, I think he could be a recast because there is nothing on the base which seems to be too smooth.

Anyway, he is most unique and as my painting is army with a red jacket, he won't be mistaken as an original blue jacketed policeman.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back