Godzilla 2014 (1 Viewer)

Panzer ace

Lieutenant Colonel
I saw the new Godzilla last night. It was entertaining and worth seeing in a theater.

I saw the new Godzilla last night. It was entertaining and worth seeing in a theater.

I watched Monuments Men on "On demand" last night and fell asleep. It was worth sleeping too.

Last edited:
John:

I took your advice and went to Julians after the movie. It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Jason

Jason "Panzer Ace"

Your from San Antonio?

Julians Pizza will make you change religions. I went from Christian to Buddha one night...Buddha to Hari Krishna the next visit and Hari Krishna back to Christian last week when I order the big square for one (all meat) my guys at work. Good Lawd.

John

Last edited:
To put this thread back on track....

I saw it Friday night, and I enjoyed it. Much better than the horrible, horrible Roland Emmerich movie from 1998, with Matthew Broderick. It's well-made, the characters are strong enough and the actors' portrayals strong enough that they are not overshadowed by the special effects, and the special effects are very good, too. The movie stays within the "Godzilla canon", if you will, with a bit of an expansion of the origin story from the original movie, and another nod to the original movie in the person of Dr. Serizawa. Bryan Cranston was good in his performance, as were Aaron Taylor Johnson, Ken Watanabe and David Straithairn. If you're a fan of Godzilla, it's worth seeing in the theaters. I'll buy the disk, when it comes out.

Prost!
Brad

Jason "Panzer Ace"

Your from San Antonio?

Julians Pizza will make you change religions. I went from Christian to Buddha one night...Buddha to Hari Krishna the next visit and Hari Krishna back to Christian last week when I order the big square for one (all meat) my guys at work. Good Lawd.

John

Yup, I live in San Antonio and commute to California for work.

Julian's was as promised, amazing. All meat was our choice too.

It was a fun night, great movie, pizza and time with our kids.

I saw it Friday night, and I enjoyed it. Much better than the horrible, horrible Roland Emmerich movie from 1998, with Matthew Broderick. It's well-made, the characters are strong enough and the actors' portrayals strong enough that they are not overshadowed by the special effects, and the special effects are very good, too. The movie stays within the "Godzilla canon", if you will, with a bit of an expansion of the origin story from the original movie, and another nod to the original movie in the person of Dr. Serizawa. Bryan Cranston was good in his performance, as were Aaron Taylor Johnson, Ken Watanabe and David Straithairn. If you're a fan of Godzilla, it's worth seeing in the theaters. I'll buy the disk, when it comes out.

Prost!
Brad

I don't want to spoil anything but the last 15 minutes alone were worth the price of admission. They do a great job of mixing the classic monster theme with today's modern effects. I saw it in 3-D and plan on taking it in on a standard screen next week too.

Prost!
Brad

Mr. Brad,

Sorry for taking the thread off track...

Humblest Apologies,

John from Texas

I saw it this week in 2D and even though it wouldn't as been as good as seeing it in 3D, the special effects were still outstanding! The story line was pretty good as well although I wouldn't rate it as the most believable story line around. All in all, it's a good entertaining movie and if you like the Godzilla theme then you will definitely not be disappointed.

Tom

I finally got around to seeing the movie and I loved it. {sm3}

Now, to qualify this a bit, I used to spend every Saturday morning glued to the TV set as I ate breakfast and watch Godzilla trash Tokyo once again. One week it would be Mothra or Ghidorah and the next week it was Gigan, Destroyer or King Ghidorah ..... just GREAT.

Secretly I always rooted for Godzilla. One Christmas I got a 18" Godzilla model and from then after there was not an Army in my toy chest that ever stood a chance.

I must admit, as a kid I never understood why anyone would want to live in Tokyo (or Japan for that matter of fact) as every week you guys would get your clock cleaned and your butts kicked but good. But I did admire how fast you folks could re-build your cities.

AND ..this movie has all those same elements that were so 1960's era .... GREAT.

Godzilla is Da' Man!

--- Larry

Howdy all!

I've seen the new Godzilla 6 times in the theater, it's a terrific film! I even took a day off from Treefrog on opening day to watch the big G stomp around. I thought the structure was exceedingly clever, with the main human character being moved around to witness the destruction in a believable way. The director also teased the final battle really well, giving the audience just enough kaiju fighting to keep them interested while still having the final knock-down drag-out fight be suitably titanic. I'll definitely be picking up the disk when it comes out later in the year. Hopefully this prompts a reprinting of some of the harder-to-find films like the 1974 classic Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla! The VHS copy I bought at K-Mart circa 1993 got watched nearly every weekend. Here's the box art, for nostalgia purposes:
gvmg1.jpg

Cheers,
Jesse

Rainy , nasty day. Decided to go see Godzilla 2014. WOW! Excellent monster brawl. Epic imaging. Godzilla is a Titan. Awesome effects. I'll have to hunt down one of those new vinyl Godzilla 2014 action figs. I bought the kids probably 60 assorted Godzilla monsters when they were little. They would make parades snaking through the house. Time to crawl up into the attic and find them.

FubaRpotential-design-for-the-godzilla-2014-remake.jpg

This movie really hearkens back to the original, I think, and it seems to strike a chord with Godzilla fans, too.

Prost!
Brad

I heard that a sequel is already in the works so it looks like the movie did well.

Just watched this, good to se the big guy again and a big improvement over that horrible 1998 version!
PS, spotted some TSSD WW2 figures at the start of film but you have to look quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back