Great Action Scenes (1 Viewer)

Dog Soldiers! How could I forget. Classic scenes. Also mounted John Wayne vs 4 mounted baddies in True Grit.

WELL FILL YOUR HANDS, YOU SON OF A B....H.........the king's english at its best...:) ...Michael

WELL FILL YOUR HANDS, YOU SON OF A B....H.........the king's english at its best...:) ...Michael

LOL,

Nothing like writing too fast without proof reading. Done it many times in the past and will continue to do it many times in the future.

Carlos

Too many scenes to mention, but what about the massacre scene in Odessa in the "Battleship Potemkin"? The image of the pram clattering down the steps has been borrowed by countless other directors - it worked well in the Train Station (Union, Chicago?) shootout in The Untouchables.

And you can add me to the list of people who saw "Dog Soldiers". Excellent! Really realistic weapons handling scenes, some good fun poked at other films (eg Zulu, with the line "where's Jones? err there isn't one sarge"), and a good imitation of Sun tabloid headlines (eg the 'Freddy Starr ate my hamster' became 'Eng-er-land 6-0 Germany, other news: Werewolves ate my unit).'

There's a little known WW2 movie named "Too Late The Hero" with Michael Caine and Cliff Robertson. Robertson is an American attached to a British unit fighting the Japanese in the New Hebrides (Historically incorrect. I don't know of any British unit fighting in the South Pacific). Anyway at the end of the movie Caine and Robertson are the only guys left from a patrol in the jungle. They have to sprint across a wide open 200 yard field to get back to the British base while the Japanese try to gun them down. It's a really exciting ending.

Watching as I type ,one of the truly great westerns with one of the best gunfights ever....Open Range..Kevin Costner,Robert Duvall. In my mind,tops the fight between that one eyed fat man, John Wayne and a much younger Robert Duvall in True Grit........Michael

Watching as I type ,one of the truly great westerns with one of the best gunfights ever....Open Range..Kevin Costner,Robert Duvall. In my mind,tops the fight between that one eyed fat man, John Wayne and a much younger Robert Duvall in True Grit........Michael

When you are talking John Wayne and action, you shouldn't over look that wonderful brawl scene between the Duke and Victor McLoughlin in "The Quiet Man" one of my favorite movies. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have wanted to piss off either of these guys in their prime.

As an aside, I loved Victor McLoughlin in the many movies he played the tough Highland Regimental Sergeant in India (including one opposite Shirley Temple!). And while we are on the subject of the Northwest Frontier, how about taking a momment to appreciate "Gunga Din". Never has a movie better captured the spirit of a poem. And I love that poem, and just about every other word Rudyard Kipling ever wrote (especially about the soldiers three).

Ah Louis,

You now know why I am also a huge fan of Gunga Din and the North West Frontier in general. Kipling lived it and wrote beautifully about what it was to be a soldier. Of course another one that is great is The Man Who Would Be King. Loved the Lone Gurkha they found. Too many great movies to list but I guess we should try. I have also seen the movie Jr Steel mentioned it was a good one. How about Objective Burma while we're here.

Talk to you gents later

All the best

Dave

The Wind and the Lion when US gunboat policy sends Marines running through streets of Morrocco and firing on royal palace. Also the whole concept of the late 1800's. The cavalry charge at end is neat also. Leadmen

This has become a favorite of mine. When I get the right molds I plan to do some of them for a dio.

On the subject of westerns I really like the film Tombstone. It has some good shoot outs in it namely the fight at the OK Corrall and the scene at the end when Doc Holliday and Johnny Ringo circle each other from just a couple of feet away. They are so close to each other neither can miss so whoever gets the gun out first will win. It's so cool.

Gettysburg has been mentioned here a few times for Pickett's Charge but I'd put the Little Round Top scene ahead of it just for that awesome moment when Chamberlain orders his men, who are out of ammo, to fix bayonets and advance!

Finally here's a film that would struggle to get a mention: Pearl Harbour.
The background storyline is a bit slow but when the action gets going it's awesome especially the scenes when Affleck and Hartnett have Zeroes on their tails and turn tables on them.
Plus Pearl Harbour has Kate Beckinsale in a nurse's uniform in it. :)
What more can you ask for?

On the subject of westerns I really like the film Tombstone. It has some good shoot outs in it namely the fight at the OK Corrall and the scene at the end when Doc Holliday and Johnny Ringo circle each other from just a couple of feet away. They are so close to each other neither can miss so whoever gets the gun out first will win. It's so cool.

Gettysburg has been mentioned here a few times for Pickett's Charge but I'd put the Little Round Top scene ahead of it just for that awesome moment when Chamberlain orders his men, who are out of ammo, to fix bayonets and advance!

Finally here's a film that would struggle to get a mention: Pearl Harbour.
The background storyline is a bit slow but when the action gets going it's awesome especially the scenes when Affleck and Hartnett have Zeroes on their tails and turn tables on them.
Plus Pearl Harbour has Kate Beckinsale in a nurse's uniform in it. :)
What more can you ask for?

Other than the eye candy, a movie that was reasonably ,historically, accurate:) .....Michael......Tora,Tora,Tora

This has become a favorite of mine. When I get the right molds I plan to do some of them for a dio.

I know Charly Duval from Little Lead Men made the series about 10 years ago. I got some of his figures at show then. He had everything related to movie. Palace guards, Marines and Navy etc. Even had the"tongue" with the kids poking it. Leadmen:eek:

Last edited:
I watch Tombstone at least twice a year. My favorite western. Get them cowboys running. Val Kilmer says "I will be your Huckleberry" when Ringo Challenges Kurt Russell. Leadmen

A great action scene, the indian attack on the surrendered British in The Last of the Mohicans. That would make a great Barzo diorama.

Ah Louis,

You now know why I am also a huge fan of Gunga Din and the North West Frontier in general. Kipling lived it and wrote beautifully about what it was to be a soldier. Of course another one that is great is The Man Who Would Be King. Loved the Lone Gurkha they found. Too many great movies to list but I guess we should try. I have also seen the movie Jr Steel mentioned it was a good one. How about Objective Burma while we're here.

Talk to you gents later

All the best

Dave

I loved the movie based on the Kipling story "Man Who Would be King" with Sean Connery as Danny Dravot and Michael Caine as his partner. Nobody from Britain ever loved India more than Kipling. By the way, speaking of books/movies about the Northwest Frontier and India, anybody ever read the book or watch the late 70's/early 80's vintage HBO miniseries "The Far Pavilions" by M.E. Kaye? It really doesn't get much better than that either.

I loved the movie based on the Kipling story "Man Who Would be King" with Sean Connery as Danny Dravot and Michael Caine as his partner. Nobody from Britain ever loved India more than Kipling.

I thought Kipling was born there. That would make from India:D

:D
There's a little known WW2 movie named "Too Late The Hero" with Michael Caine and Cliff Robertson. Robertson is an American attached to a British unit fighting the Japanese in the New Hebrides (Historically incorrect. I don't know of any British unit fighting in the South Pacific). Anyway at the end of the movie Caine and Robertson are the only guys left from a patrol in the jungle. They have to sprint across a wide open 200 yard field to get back to the British base while the Japanese try to gun them down. It's a really exciting ending.

I've got that one!!!!!!!!Very Good!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back