Great Battle Day... (1 Viewer)

Beautiful collection :salute:::salute:::salute::, thanks for posting pictures it's always a joy to view a fellow Napoleonic enthusiasts collections. Some beautiful figures. regards Gebhard

Again - you have a wonderful collection! One question though to the Napoleonic buffs, did the Saxons fight at Waterloo?

Cheers,

Brendan

To my knowledge, no. They were part of Napoleon's Confederation of the Rhine and fought by his side until Napoleon's defeat at the Battle of Leipzig in 1813 and abandoned him.

Nothing to do with Napoleon, but the Saxe-Coburgs, from which the Windsors sprung (they changed their name during WW I) come from Saxony.

To my knowledge, no. They were part of Napoleon's Confederation of the Rhine and fought by his side until Napoleon's defeat at the Battle of Leipzig in 1813 and abandoned him.

Nothing to do with Napoleon, but the Saxe-Coburgs, from which the Windsors sprung (they changed their name during WW I) come from Saxony.

Thanks for the info. I just thought they might have formed a part of Blucher's army. Wonderful figures anyways.

Cheers,

Brendan

First Legion cavalry would have to be the best about today.The horses are so well done.

These pictures certainly show they have eclipsed the other manufacturers and created a realism unheard of in this hobby. The charging formations attacking each other are remarkable.

Again - you have a wonderful collection! One question though to the Napoleonic buffs, did the Saxons fight at Waterloo?

Cheers,

Brendan

Brendan,
you touch interesting question with Saxons at battle of Waterloo.
For sure Saxons were in Blucher army during the 100 days war as a part of Seventh Coalition.
Saxons were in the Army of Lower Rhine under the command of Blucher. Saxons troops were in mutiny near the battle days.
But do the fight at Waterloo? This is not a fact.

During the 100 days compaine Saxon corp were arround 14000 Men and consist of 18 battalions, 10 Squadrons and 6 Batteries.

This article explanes more then less situation with Saxons during the 100 days war:

http://www.waterloo-campaign.nl/bestanden/files/notes/preambles/note.1.pdf

Theoretically Saxon Cavalry could be a part of Prussian cavalry during the Waterloo battle…
Warmest regards,
Mikhail

These pictures certainly show they have eclipsed the other manufacturers and created a realism unheard of in this hobby. The charging formations attacking each other are remarkable.

For me First Legion cavalry is one of the best by sculpting.
regards,
Mikhail

Wow! What a great collection, beautifully displayed, and photographed. Welcome to the Forum. My wife and I will be in Moscow for three days in June--- the 9th, 10th, and 11th. We will be arriving on the high speed train after a three day visit in Saint Petersburg. We will be staying at the Hilton Moscow Hotel on Kalanchevskaya Street 21/40. Can you recommend any toy soldier shops in Moscow? How about Saint Petersburg? Thanks.

Mike

Wow! What a great collection, beautifully displayed, and photographed. Welcome to the Forum. My wife and I will be in Moscow for three days in June--- the 9th, 10th, and 11th. We will be arriving on the high speed train after a three day visit in Saint Petersburg. We will be staying at the Hilton Moscow Hotel on Kalanchevskaya Street 21/40. Can you recommend any toy soldier shops in Moscow? How about Saint Petersburg? Thanks.

Mike

Hi, Mike,

Visit our website and shoot me an email and I'll put you in touch with Constantine. He can at minimum recommend shops to you and if you want, can probably arrange a visit to the First Legion studio there where you will see untold treasures both First Legion and just amazing figures in general. It's a true Aladdin's Cave. :)

My inbox here is full (purposely so!), so please don't PM.

Best,

Matt

Mike

Hi Mike,
I hope you will have good time in Russia. It is a good season time now to visit Moscow and St. Petersburg. Better to see once then hear thousand times:)
Just near your hotel in Moscow is a nice Toy Soldier shop TM Club(ТМ Клуб Магазин Техника Молодежи, метро Проспект Мира) it is in Olympisky sport Kompleks near metro station Prospekt Mira also you can try CDM shop(Цетральный Детский Мир, метро Лубянка) at Lubynka metro station. In St. Petersburg you can find a lot of Toy shops on Nevsky Prospect. You can send me a private mail and I can give you my cell phone and help you in Moscow to find good Toy soldier shops.
I also know Konstantine from First Legion and can help you to meet him at his studio.

Welcome to help,
Mikhail
:salute:::salute:::salute::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back