Great war officers (2 Viewers)

majorsmith

Private
My first toy soldiers ever, painted this week, hopefully the first of many!
DSC02851.jpg

DSC02849.jpg

DSC02847.jpg

Hi Majorsmith. That is fatastic work you have done there. Easily collector grade. I really like the high gloss finish. Keep up the good work and post more of your work as you go, please. -- Al

That is some fine work, majorsmith, very well done.
If this was the first time you painted you are very talented and I am looking forward to future work.
Please show us more as you go.
Great job !!!
Konrad

Nicely done, Major! Your figures put me in mind of "Blackadder Goes Forth" :D

I like the finish you've achieved. What sort of paints did you use, and did you seal everything with a gloss coat when you were finished?

Prost!
Brad

Thanks guys, ive been painting figures for some years now, my main hobby is wargames figures and i paint in scales from 15mm to 40mm, these are my first gloss figures in 54mm scale, i am really chuffed at how they turned out, i owe it all to my dad really as he got me started making models and painting, my dads a fellow forum member beating retreat :)

Thanks guys, ive been painting figures for some years now, my main hobby is wargames figures and i paint in scales from 15mm to 40mm, these are my first gloss figures in 54mm scale, i am really chuffed at how they turned out, i owe it all to my dad really as he got me started making models and painting, my dads a fellow forum member beating retreat :)

I thought I recognized the quality of painting a very similar style to your Dad’s. ;)

Looking forward to seeing more. :)

Jeff

Superb job,very nice indeed.I'd be happy to have those in my Toy Army Workshop collection.

Rob

I thought I recognized the quality of painting a very similar style to your Dad’s. ;)

Looking forward to seeing more. :)

Jeff

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing in terms of painting style. Excellent job mate.

Aha! I suspected as much, your glazing styles are very familar. When you first picked up a brush, I'll bet he said, "The Force is strong with this one!" :D

Prost!
Brad

Nice work Major...they look great...

love your Avatar...did Stewie help...:D

Stewie:

Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster. :D:D:D

**** you vile woman, you've impeded my work since the day I escaped your vile womb.

Hi Andy

Very nice job, lovely finish. Rob you are right I bet they would go nicely with the TA Workshop stuff

Now this is what I would call a talented family. Wonderful work by you both. -- Al

Hi Andy,
your dad taught you very well and you seem to be an excellent student.
As you probably know I love this particular style of painting and can't see enough of it.
Keep it up :)
Konrad

Wonderfully painted figures and your dad immediately sprung to mind when I first saw these figures too.

Excellent work. I really like the skin tones.
Did you buy these as unpainted castings?

Walt

Like father, like son :)

Very nice painting on those figures. Thanks for posting. Leadmen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back