Grey Monster Truck – or does it need Camouflage (1 Viewer)

In the cooler
This is fast becoming my favourite K & C purchase, what a great vehicle. Previously on the forum we have discussed whether it was used in the Battle of the Bulge, there is, for me, no definitely answer.

How good would it look in Germany Grey, I think would be an instant hit, a camo one as well would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0278.JPG
    599.3 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    649.5 KB · Views: 526
Hi mate,

may I ask you, where those figures are from? :rolleyes: They look terrific, don't they? :smile2:

Thanks a lot in advance,

cheers

Enrico :salute::

Hi mate,

may I ask you, where those figures are from? :rolleyes: They look terrific, don't they? :smile2:

Thanks a lot in advance,

cheers

Enrico :salute::

They are from War Park, see discussion on forum at General Matte Discussion

This is fast becoming my favourite K & C purchase, what a great vehicle. Previously on the forum we have discussed whether it was used in the Battle of the Bulge, there is, for me, no definitely answer.

How good would it look in Germany Grey, I think would be an instant hit, a camo one as well would be great.

Most of the Radschleppers Ost I have coloured pictures from are in yellow with green or green and brown camo
guy:smile2:

If it's a good idea then Andy won't do it.

Renowned physicist, Stephen Hawking, who sadly just passed away, has been theorizing on the concept of a Multi-verse, or Multiple Universes all co-existing in the same space and time. Obviously there is heated debate on his theories.

However, with your absurd statement, it proves Stephen was correct. What Universe do you live in?^&confuse
Certainly NOT this one!!

That statement goes along with the type issue by the "FLAT-Earth" society ...

Many of K&C's current series are a "DIRECT" result of the collectors ideas, requests and needs. The current USMC is just ONE example of this.

Look at the front of TreeFrog's website at the Manufacturers page and compare the number of series that K&C is doing and the number of other companies and their offerings. And that doesn't include series that have run to completion ... for the moment.

Also, look at the number of releases in each series and compare that to other manufacturers.

Read many of the threads in the K&C folder and you will quickly identify the large amount of requests from collectors to Andy and company that go into the K&C design phase and appear SHORTLY down the road. No company can take every request and turn it into a product. IF they try they end up in the "OUT-OF-BUSINESS folder.

You should have waited a few days before issuing a "foolish" statement like that .... APRIL 1st is almost here

--- LaRRy

I have to very strongly disagree with your comment. I think Andy does listen and does take on ideas and proposals, but he is in an awkward situation, just think of the amount of people he meets at shows etc who bombard him with ideas, requests and wants. I spoke to him a few years ago about potentially new jeeps for the Battle of the Bulge range and one did appear the following year, I do not know if I had any influence or not. He must get bombarded by collectors wanting their special interest vehicles and figures. He has to balance needs and wants against commercial success, he has to make money and things have to sell. For example, there are thing I would like very much, including below,

RSO with 75mm gun
Weasel American tracked vehicle,
Strumtiger
Brumbar
Series representing the German 150 Brigade for the Battle of the Bulge [I have the sets already produced but want more, including a Panther disguised as an M10].
Some of the newer WW2 tanks rereleased but with a different turret numbers, so I can create a unit diorama.

I could not care if there are any American war of Independence, American Civil War, Life of Jesus. Pacific range, Egyptian, Pike & Musket, Crimean, Imperial China or Greek series sets. As I do not collect them, but I have friends and people whom I have met at the Toy Soldier Shows and in shops who only collect the above and do not collect what I do [WW2, Naps, Medieval Warriors and the American West]. But the only way of keeping K & C at the cutting edge is to keep all us diverse collector happy through what is around 30 different eras and ranges.

Give him a break, he has done more for the Toy Soldier sector than anyone else I can think of.

I haven't decide if I wanna purchase this vehicle yet or not. Isn't it basicly Panzer Grey with light white wash/weathering? I think we will see a camo scheme because what else would there be to do?

Most of the Radschleppers Ost I have coloured pictures from are in yellow with green or green and brown camo

The first few Radschleppers were produced before February 1943 when all vehicles were painted dark grey. After in February 1943, the base paint for NEW vehicles was ordered to be dark yellow with a green or green and brown disruptive pattern. Most Radschleppers were produced after Feb. 1943 and have a yellow base with a green and brown disruptive pattern.. Older Grey vehicles were by order to be repainted in the new colours but this was often ignored. The Radschlepper photo posted by Guy has a low number WH-695392 was likely produced before February 1943 in Grey. I can't tell from the December 1944 photo if the Rad is grey (never repainted), grey and whitewash, yellow, or heavily whitewashed obscuring a yellow base colour. Note how dark the canvas top appears and the dark colour of the interior of the open door - the original dark grey??. And how bright white is the snow on the tires vs. the truck body.

attachment.php

Terry

Last edited:
The first few Radschleppers were produced before February 1943 when all vehicles were painted dark grey. After in February 1943, the base paint for NEW vehicles was ordered to be dark yellow with a green or green and brown disruptive pattern. Most Radschleppers were produced after Feb. 1943 and have a yellow base with a green and brown disruptive pattern.. Older Grey vehicles were by order to be repainted in the new colours but this was often ignored. The Radschlepper photo posted by Guy has a low number WH-695392 was likely produced before February 1943 in Grey. I can't tell from the December 1944 photo if the Rad is grey (never repainted), grey and whitewash, yellow, or heavily whitewashed obscuring a yellow base colour. Note how dark the canvas top appears and the dark colour of the interior of the open door - the original dark grey??. And how bright white is the snow on the tires vs. the truck body.

attachment.php

Terry

This is the infamous picture and does indeed leave with more questions than it answers, including where and colour. There are a few other pictures but obviously with the same issue unless it has cam on it. Reading through some text on German vehicles a while ago [I used to make plastic kits] and the painting recommendations were often ignored on second and third line vehicles. I agree with above on the order for new vehicles after Feb 1943, but in some cases they continued in Grey until stocks were used up and/or the new paint stocks arrived, plus second and third line vehicles were not as important as frontline tanks etc. Basically I think the vehicle would be accurate in Grey, dark yellow and camo.

Andy,

Any chance it can be released in a summer in either grey or camo.

Can see it in an Eastern Front Diorama with some Tigers or Panthers.

Mark

Andy,

Any chance it can be released in a summer in either grey or camo.

Can see it in an Eastern Front Diorama with some Tigers or Panthers.

Mark

I don't think they were ever deployed on the Eastern Front because of political gamesmanship between some of the generals who favoured the Raupenschlepper and Maultier vs Ferdinand Porsche (the designer) and Hitler on the opposing side. Main points in the dispute were Porsche access to Hitler, the amount of gas the Radschlepper used, the vehicle's claimed underperformance and scarce materials needed (rubber and lead) to manufacture them. Only 100 were produced and all were sent to the Western Front where they were used in Normandy, Belgium and the Battle of the Bulge.

Terry

I don't think they were ever deployed on the Eastern Front because of political gamesmanship between some of the generals who favoured the Raupenschlepper and Maultier vs Ferdinand Porsche (the designer) and Hitler on the opposing side. Main points in the dispute were Porsche access to Hitler, the amount of gas the Radschlepper used, the vehicle's claimed underperformance and scarce materials needed (rubber and lead) to manufacture them. Only 100 were produced and all were sent to the Western Front where they were used in Normandy, Belgium and the Battle of the Bulge.

Terry

Terry,

Thanks for that it's now easy getting information on this vehicle.

Mark

Terry,

Mark

Much of the information is contradictory or just wrong - I suspect due to the political infighting and finger pointing. Hitler loved the vehicle because the huge metal wheels reminded him of the big wheeled artillery tractors of WWI so the idea for it's design was partly Hitler's. It had a top speed of 15 kph.

Terry

Terry,

Mark

Terry forgot to mention the Netherlands were most of them were stationed (15). They also went to the east ( only a few) but were a complete failure, upon which it was decided to send them all to France . The ones that survived the battle for Normandy were sent to Holland and Belgium

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your interest in our Radschlepper Ost and all the extra information... always good to read.

Here's a little reminder of the photo we released of it originally in a 'Battle of the Bulge' scenario.

Best wishes and happy collecting,
Andy

BBG110-116.jpg

Iv always enjoyed eastern front fragile ,,grey vehicles ,,weathered,,my Renault ,Panzer repair,,eastern front 1/76 scratch took a minor IPMS prize once,,and caused a bit of the usual Contest hissy fit lol,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back