Guynemer SPAD (1 Viewer)

wwiibuff

Lieutenant Colonel

Attachments

• DSC_1987x.JPG
    DSC_1987x.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 253
Fantastic picture, Duke! I’ve got this Spad as well and it’s a great model!

great looking spad, is that a rare one? i heard that the KEMPF TRIPLANE WAS THE MOST RARE OR THE SE-5. I WAS THINKINKING OF BUYING A COUPLE. I NOTICED TGHE KEMPF PLANE ON THE TROOPS OF TIME SIGHT.
HE HAS IT LISTED FOR ONLY LIKE 350ISH. IS THAT A GOOD DEAL?

great looking spad, is that a rare one? i heard that the KEMPF TRIPLANE WAS THE MOST RARE OR THE SE-5. I WAS THINKINKING OF BUYING A COUPLE. I NOTICED TGHE KEMPF PLANE ON THE TROOPS OF TIME SIGHT.
HE HAS IT LISTED FOR ONLY LIKE 350ISH. IS THAT A GOOD DEAL?

I’m not sure about the Kempf Triplane, though as an older model, it’s a harder one to find, so I’d probably consider it rare. It lacks a lot of the details of the retooled Triplanes. The SE5A is definitely rare as only one version was ever made. The Guynemer Spad is not so rare and some dealers may still have it in stock… It’s a beautiful model and Duke’s picture really shows it off!

My fav Spad after "Hat in the Ring", which we have. Wish we had 2 Spads... awesome models by JJD.
Good for France and better for you!
Paddy for Pat Sr & me

I’m not sure about the Kempf Triplane, though as an older model, it’s a harder one to find, so I’d probably consider it rare. It lacks a lot of the details of the retooled Triplanes. The SE5A is definitely rare as only one version was ever made. The Guynemer Spad is not so rare and some dealers may still have it in stock… It’s a beautiful model and Duke’s picture really shows it off!
The price for ToT Kempf Tripe is fair. It is a tough find. It also has the advantage of having a beautiful detailed camo job that is far superior than later camo jobs on any of the other triplanes. John found the Kempf camo to be very time-consuming, and thus expensive. The camo is later applied in a much simpler pattern to follow up triplanes like the Voss plane, which is very noticeable when compared one to one, but not really noticible if The Kempf plane is not present to be compared to. IMHO, the Kempf tripe is the best tripe John has done, despite a couple of color/marking errors. -- Al

The Guynemer Spad is my favorite JJD Spad, followed by the superb Luke Spad and then the earlier, less detailed Rickenbacker Spad. The Guynemer Spad had a lot of detailed research go into it and it came out beautifully. -- Al

Thanks all for the comments and discussion. I have 3 JJD SPADs the other 2 being the French Madon and American Luke SPADs. All excellent models.

Attachments

• DSC_0899 (25).JPG
    DSC_0899 (25).JPG
    440.6 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0345 (55)x.jpg
    DSC_0345 (55)x.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 97
the price for tot kempf tripe is fair. It is a tough find. It also has the advantage of having a beautiful detailed camo job that is far superior than later camo jobs on any of the other triplanes. John found the kempf camo to be very time-consuming, and thus expensive. The camo is later applied in a much simpler pattern to follow up triplanes like the voss plane, which is very noticeable when compared one to one, but not really noticible if the kempf plane is not present to be compared to. Imho, the kempf tripe is the best tripe john has done, despite a couple of color/marking errors. -- al
thanks for the info, i will have tio give tim at troops of time a call

Users who are viewing this thread

Back