Hackensack, NJ show this Sunday (2 Viewers)

Thank you George for carrying my buildings....Nick
nov-2.jpg

For those who may not know, the gentlemen in the back on the right with the striped shirt is George's dad. He's a great guy and I talked with him for a few minutes. I first met him at a show in Hasbrouck Heights this year but I'm not sure he remembered me.

I don't believe I stopped by your table Nick sorry. Would have liked to met some of the Treefrog people in a bit less hectic atmosphere. After my first few passes around the room, I think toy soldier exhaustion had set in.

However, I did see Joe (not sure of his last name but goes by desertfox on the Board) who was at the Symposium last year and had something for Louis. I also met his friend Paul who showed me his photos of his K & C Roman collection. Looked really neat, plus he had a great LAH collection.

Also saw Larry Lo. Hadn't seen Larry since the Symposium so it was great to talk with him for a little while, especially about old K & C. Larry wanted me to email you, Louis, and tell you we found a couple of bombers :rolleyes:

Seemed like a lot of dealers were doing well.

One of the most amazing things that I saw at the show were the offerings from the Metal Shed, http://www.remsonco.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=tms

I first saw this in Chicago last year and was blown away by the quality as was everybody else. I think Hans might have bought a plane from them. I remember Andy being impressed. The web site describes it as acetylene welded steel. The pictures on the site don't even begin to do it justice. You really have to see it in person to appreciate it. And, as you'll see, they are not cheap.

The principal website is www.remsonco.com

One of the most amazing things that I saw at the show were the offerings from the Metal Shed, http://www.remsonco.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=tms

I first saw this in Chicago last year and was blown away by the quality as was everybody else. I think Hans might have bought a plane from them. I remember Andy being impressed. The web site describes it as acetylene welded steel. The pictures on the site don't even begin to do it justice. You really have to see it in person to appreciate it. And, as you'll see, they are not cheap.

The principal website is www.remsonco.com

Brad, Thanks for the link, some really great looking stuff on that site, very pricey, but nice to look at and dream.:rolleyes: Did you see the field kitchen on the last page with the horse drawn supply wagon behind it, now that's cool. Love to get that Marder II, come on Andy, make us a Marder!:D

Fred

Those are some great looking buildings on George's table, Nick. I'm going to have to talk to him about having you make some two stories so they fit on my shelves.:D Awesome job!

Fred

Nick I think I may have seen you at your table because I rember the bridge by any chance do you have a mustache or was that the guy alongside you??

Alex has the mustache I wore a denim jacket, short salt and pepper hair, and a birth mark on the right side of my face.....All of you forum members should of introduced yourselves. We don't bite....LOL

Those are some great looking buildings on George's table, Nick. I'm going to have to talk to him about having you make some two stories so they fit on my shelves.:D Awesome job!

Fred

Thanks Boot-That will be a fun project to do for George and you......Thanks again.....That massive office building could hold an entire collection of figures!
I'll custom built almost anything. Thanks again for your support....
Nick

Hi all,
Just wanted to intruduce ourselves to the forum. My name is Harry Walders and I work with Joe Remson who is the owner and President of Remsons Executive Collectibles and located at www.remsonco.com. I want to thank you guys for the nice comments on our "Metal Shed" collection and for taking the time to look at Bruce Herbon's work on our website. I hope to have our Metal Shed section updated this weekend with some real cool pieces. We just received a German V2 Rocket with a mobile launch vehicle, a few Planes, and a M7 Priest, and a few other goodies.

Thanks again for the nice comments.

Harry Walders
webmaster
http://www.remsonco.com

I had a great time at the show i,m glad that I took the ride up. I wanted to meet up with some of the forum members to put a face to the names but the only guys I met were Alex(firebat), Crossroads, and Nasty Nick!:p real nice guys. I said high to george(warrior) also but he looked a bit busy and stressed!:p so i didn,t get a chance to talk with him.

I also got to meet and talk with gary dutko and check out his great conte conversions, he had a ton of them with him they all looked great and he,s a real nice guy to chat with, we talked conversions for a bit.
This is the biggest show i,ve been to and had planed on not spending munch as I had lost a few days work last week and started out good only buying some plastic but then i found some real good deals on some frontline napoleonics and left with another 30 foot figures and 6 mounted figures and a few unpainted castings. Oh well!!! A deals a deal! hard to turn down a $54 figure $20

Nick had some great looking dioramas at the show and they look munch better in person. We talked about making stuff from scratch and traded a few thoughts and ideas and I took a few pictures of his dioramas, they were the only photos that I got of the show.
My favorite diorama of his was small one of some germans walking on a path along a stone wall with some G.I.,s on the other side of the wall down on the hill. I,ll try and post a picture of it on this post.
DSC01478.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Fish Sticks! It was really nice meeting you at the show. The only thing you forgot was that bass from the photograph. LOL. You were right about the forum members who made it to the show. It appeared that several of them made it their, but none introduced themselves, only you did. That seemed a bit strange. (It doesn't make them bad people).I'm glad we met and thanks for taking the long drive to the show.

Nick

Yeah guys come on......next time you go to a show never mind the figures

and such you are looking for.

Be sure to line up for introductions.

Whatever were you thinking?:eek:

Brad,
Thanks for the kind words about my Dad; he is one of a kind, a joy to be around. I love having him at the shows as he is great with the customers.

He got real emotional after we saw "Flags" and he said the reason was had we not dropped the two bombs on Japan, he would have shipped off to Japan and based on the predicted casualties, he feels like he would have been a goner, meaning no marriage, no daughter and no son. Sobering stuff.

Fish, sorry I was out of sorts, trying to cram four hours of set up time into two and a half will do that to you, plus I wasn't expecting to see you and had a temporary senior moment when I saw you. Glad you had a good time there...................

Brad,
Thanks for the kind words about my Dad; he is one of a kind, a joy to be around. I love having him at the shows as he is great with the customers.

He got real emotional after we saw "Flags" and he said the reason was had we not dropped the two bombs on Japan, he would have shipped off to Japan and based on the predicted casualties, he feels like he would have been a goner, meaning no marriage, no daughter and no son. Sobering stuff.

Fish, sorry I was out of sorts, trying to cram four hours of set up time into two and a half will do that to you, plus I wasn't expecting to see you and had a temporary senior moment when I saw you. Glad you had a good time there...................

George I completly understand you looked real busy and I didn,t want to bother you I just wanted to say the quick high to you to let you know that I had made it up there. Glad to hear you had a great show.

Fish,
Thanks for understanding; not sure if busy is the right word, maybe flustered, flumoxed, bewildered, befuddled, enraptured, enchanted, embalmed would better describe it.............:rolleyes:

Fish,
Thanks for understanding; not sure if busy is the right word, maybe flustered, flumoxed, bewildered, befuddled, enraptured, enchanted, embalmed would better describe it.............:rolleyes:

I sure hope you're not embalmed!!! Is it Night of the Living George?

Sounds too much like Monty Python -

George isn't dead yet - it's just a flesh wound. He's getting better ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back