Had any manufacturer made the scene of the assassinatioof Archduke Francis-Ferdinand? (1 Viewer)

MikeNick

Sergeant
Hi.
I thought Tradition of London made assassination of Archduke Francis-Ferdinand. I can't find it.
Does anyone know which company made it?
Thanks
MikeNick

The only company that I know that has made one is Metal Shed.

5F626DCE-1741-474F-9250-DDDE35BAE22C.jpegB0D0EF07-CD82-4D08-A817-64B5431AB64A.jpeg

Hocker did one called “ a visit to Sarajevo “ I think

Not sure what happened to the photo; it was pristine, but you get the idea.

I think Four Feathers based in Argentina might have made such a set a few years ago now, but they are no longer in production.
Hope you are able to find what you are looking for.
Regards
Acw cavalry

Hi.
I thought Tradition of London made assassination of Archduke Francis-Ferdinand. I can't find it.
Does anyone know which company made it?
Thanks
MikeNick

Hi MikeNick,

In addition to Metal Shed and Hocker there was the late Peter Kovar of Vienna did a kit about 25 years ago. About 4+ years ago an English maker also did a kit: figures sculpted by the late Alan Caton, and the body of the Graf und Stift Auto was resin.

The latter kit (can't remember the name, but it was reviewed on this forum) had "action" figures depicting the assassination. These weren't bad except that Graf Harrasch was depicted in the wrong uniform. The other defect was that the Auto, as depicted was not a six seater!

Like Jazzeum, I too have had many conversations with Andy about this topic. He got very close to doing it as the 100th Anniversary loomed. Then this guy in England brought out his kit........

I have these two versions (sorry, not a photographer) and have seen the other two.

Major drawback to all 4 is that none of them do a "convincing" Princip!

I believe that there is a real opportunity for a major Toy Soldier maker to do the "definitive" version of this important historical event.

However I keep asking for "A major Toy Soldier maker" to do WWI Austro-Hungarian troops too....

Happy Collecting!

Oberstinhaber

About 4+ years ago an English maker also did a kit: figures sculpted by the late Alan Caton, and the body of the Graf und Stift Auto was resin.

The latter kit (can't remember the name, but it was reviewed on this forum) had "action" figures depicting the assassination. These weren't bad except that Graf Harrasch was depicted in the wrong uniform. The other defect was that the Auto, as depicted was not a six seater!

Oberstinhaber

Found it …….. it was by Yeomanry Miniatures, and this is the post: https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com...Miniatures/page6&highlight=Archduke+Ferdinand

Here is 'the real thing' the car, complete with bullet holes in the Military Museum in Vienna … with me looking on !!

gunshot.jpg

John

Hi MikeNick,

In addition to Metal Shed and Hocker there was the late Peter Kovar of Vienna did a kit about 25 years ago. About 4+ years ago an English maker also did a kit: figures sculpted by the late Alan Caton, and the body of the Graf und Stift Auto was resin.

Like Jazzeum, I too have had many conversations with Andy about this topic. He got very close to doing it as the 100th Anniversary loomed. Then this guy in England brought out his kit........

I have these two versions (sorry, not a photographer) and have seen the other two.

Major drawback to all 4 is that none of them do a "convincing" Princip!

I believe that there is a real opportunity for a major Toy Soldier maker to do the "definitive" version of this important historical event.

However I keep asking for "A major Toy Soldier maker" to do WWI Austro-Hungarian troops too....

Happy Collecting!

Oberstinhaber

Thank you for the definitive guide!

I, too, would love the set and Austria-Hungarian troops (particularly Honvéd). I have family that fought for England and the US, but most of my family fought for Hungary and Russia.

He hasn’t been on the Forum for over a year. Maybe you could send him a pm and see if he responds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back