Heco Tinplate Models (4 Viewers)

Thanking both gentlemen, Saxon Lions and Louis Badolato for feeding this wonderful thread with further information, pictures and discussion.
I would love to contribute myself but failed to find any objects to do so in my home country. But as collectors we do live on hope and there is allways a tomorrow ....
Waiting for the lucky punch - remaining with full support to my favourite thread.
Regards
Wolfgang:smile2:

Public service announcement: there is an excellent Heco Tinplate Models Rolls Royce armored car mint in the box on eBay. The name on the armored car is Erebus, a name which I have previously seen on Heco armored vehicles. The bidding is presently at $15. I am not the seller and am not bidding. Go get it gentlemen!👍👍

The boxed Rolls Royce Armoured Car on Ebay went for £205 after eight bids, but another from USA is now available unboxed for $499.

The boxed Rolls Royce Armoured Car on Ebay went for £205 after eight bids, but another from USA is now available unboxed for $499.
The unboxed listing on eBay is NOT a Heco tinplate model. It looks to be cast white metal. Something like Toy Army Workshop.

The German plane on Ebay alerted to by Louis is a Pfalz DIII. I already have a DIII and a DIIIa both by HECO so I will not be bidding but it is certainly one of HECOs better representations of this plane.

Hi Louis a question for the HECO expert.

Should a HECO Gee Bee Racer appear on the market how would you recognise it if the vendor did not advertise it as HECO. The two ways I can spot HECO planes the design of the wings of their WWI planes and their distinctive pilot do not apply to this plane. Also is it possible that this model may be in a different scale to the usual 1/32 and knowing the variety of Tony and Adele's markings it may not even be the same colour as that in the article. I say this because I spotted a tinplate Gee Bee Racer in need of some TLC in an online auction as it was not 1/32 and had some damage I discounted it but now I have this gnawing feeling I may have been wrong.

Hi Louis a question for the HECO expert.

Should a HECO Gee Bee Racer appear on the market how would you recognise it if the vendor did not advertise it as HECO. The two ways I can spot HECO planes the design of the wings of their WWI planes and their distinctive pilot do not apply to this plane. Also is it possible that this model may be in a different scale to the usual 1/32 and knowing the variety of Tony and Adele's markings it may not even be the same colour as that in the article. I say this because I spotted a tinplate Gee Bee Racer in need of some TLC in an online auction as it was not 1/32 and had some damage I discounted it but now I have this gnawing feeling I may have been wrong.

Mark,

I have posted the only photograph I have ever seen of a Heco Gee Bee Racer on this thread, it is from a Toy Soldier Magazine Article on Heco Tinplate Models. I would compare the workmanship on the aircraft you saw to the workmanship on the Heco version. That is about the only way I could make any kind of educated guess. Forward me a photo from the auction, and I will do my best to compare it to the large photo in the magazine.

Sorry for the delay in my posting.

I have the magazine with that catalogue photo and accidentally spotted a very similar damaged model but not in 1/32 scale of one at auction Initially because of the size difference I dismissed it as being HECO but then as it was identical in markings I began to have doubts but then could not find the site again to send you a heads up. However, the story appears to have a happy ending as I think I have spotted the same model on E-bay and it is definitely NOT HECO.

Thanks Louis for the kind words about my Taube.

I just picked up this awesome Heco Tinplate Junkers JU34, with the original production certificate. It came up on eBay, I knew the seller (having bought quite a few Heco items from him over the years), and I offered a buy it now price he accepted. I couldn't be more happy, and I plan to display it on the same TM Terrain Luftwaffe diorama on which I display my Heco Junkers JU52. {sm4}

Attachments

• Heco Junkers JU34 1.jpg
    Heco Junkers JU34 1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Heco Junkers JU34 4.jpg
    Heco Junkers JU34 4.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Heco Junkers JU34 2.jpg
    Heco Junkers JU34 2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Heco Junkers JU34 3.jpg
    Heco Junkers JU34 3.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 190
Here's a photo of the diorama:

attachment.php

The Junkers JU34 arrived and was placed on the all-Heco populated Luftwaffe Airfield diorama made for me by Dave of TM Terrain. Jike the Heco JU52, the doors open and there is interior detail! :salute:: Some photos in situ:

Attachments

• Heco Junkers JU34 5.jpg
    Heco Junkers JU34 5.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Heco Junkers JU34 6.jpg
    Heco Junkers JU34 6.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 169
  • Heco Junkers JU34 7.jpg
    Heco Junkers JU34 7.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 174
  • Heco Junkers JU34 8.jpg
    Heco Junkers JU34 8.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 169
This is a most unusual plane and very well done by Heco. I could only find one small scale resin kit of this particular plane.
So this one is special by all means. Never seen it before so my honest congrats to you for this fantastic find.
As for the chosen paint job by Heco I would not have objected them choosing one of the fancy pre war civil patterns.
But that is just me. Wonderful plane in any respect. Goes to a good place with lot´s of company as well. {sm4}

Thanks to the kindness of our good friend Mark (Saxon Lions), who gave me the heads up, I obtained this Heco Tinplate Models RAF Engine Starter Lorry and this military tent:

Attachments

• Heco RAF Engine Starter Lorry 1.jpg
    Heco RAF Engine Starter Lorry 1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Heco RAF Engine Starter Lorry 2.jpg
    Heco RAF Engine Starter Lorry 2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Heco RAF Engine Starter Lorry 3.jpg
    Heco RAF Engine Starter Lorry 3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Heco RAF Engine Starter Lorry 4.jpg
    Heco RAF Engine Starter Lorry 4.jpg