Help! K&C WW1 figure needs retouching. (1 Viewer)

Isandlwana

Sergeant
Hi

I was aghast to see that one of my WW1 figures had lost a noticeable amount of paint from it's tunic and the bare metal was on view. It's one of the figures in set FW044.

Can anyone advise what the best paint i.e. manufacturer, colour would be to correct this and if there is anything else I need to do to ensure the correction is seamless?

Cheers

Michael

Michael,

I'm not a painter but you first need to use a primer. That may be why the paint has come off. That is a problem Figarti has had in the past.

Andy has said that they use Tamiya. However, the person who repairs all my soldiers finds that K & C doesn't use one specific color but tends to be a mixture, so you need to experiment to find the right shading.

Brad

Vallejo colours to work with and, they also do really good primers. Under that banner they do the panzer aces colours and they do British uniform colour. you can find the sets by looking at the ranges at distributors when I pull these paints out if you have not got them I will post the numbers.
Mitch

Hi

I was aghast to see that one of my WW1 figures had lost a noticeable amount of paint from it's tunic and the bare metal was on view. It's one of the figures in set FW044.

Can anyone advise what the best paint i.e. manufacturer, colour would be to correct this and if there is anything else I need to do to ensure the correction is seamless?

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael,

Try and test P 921 like basis (english uniform by Prince August)

Faithfully
Valmy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back