Help needed. Coleman's Cheshire Volunteer WW2 54mm figures (2 Viewers)

Hi Victor,
It is a pitty that your contact that says he owns the moulds is not interested in going into business, we sure could do with kits to assemble and paint......Would be a great opportunity to complement our " ready made/mass produced sets by major manufacturers" with something unique and on off....
Is he not even interested in making some small runs.....^&confuse^&confuse
Cheers
Luiz

Hello Luiz,

I had made contact with this gentleman Max Chevallier based on an advert many years ago which stated that he owned all the moulds and castings to the Chota Sahib range. However, I have found email discussions with him rather awkward.

I have attached his email below if you wish to pursue this matter with him.

chevallier_michel@yahoo.com

Rgds Victor

The company that sells the range of Cheshire Volunteer Figures as castings, GOOD SOLDIERS, owned by and run as a one man operation by Alan Goodwin. His contact address is Good Soldiers 246 Broadwater Crescent, Stevenage, Herefordshire, SG28HL UK. As stated Mr Goodwin is a one man operation. He doesn't have a website and he doesn't accept credit cards, but he responds quickly to all written requests and has a paper catalogue available with illustrations and prices for all the figures and accessories he sells. These castings are not expensive and are very good value for money, I have nothing but praise for Mr Goodwin. I have not bought anything from the company for well over a year, but hopefully the information I have provided is still current.

Hi Gus,

Thanks a lot for the detailed info....
It seems he is out of bounds for overseas purchases then.....No e-mail and no credit card just cold cash ...hummm...what a pitty....{sm2}{sm2}{sm2}
Cheers
Luiz

The company that sells the range of Cheshire Volunteer Figures as castings, GOOD SOLDIERS, owned by and run as a one man operation by Alan Goodwin. His contact address is Good Soldiers 246 Broadwater Crescent, Stevenage, Herefordshire, SG28HL UK. As stated Mr Goodwin is a one man operation. He doesn't have a website and he doesn't accept credit cards, but he responds quickly to all written requests and has a paper catalogue available with illustrations and prices for all the figures and accessories he sells. These castings are not expensive and are very good value for money, I have nothing but praise for Mr Goodwin. I have not bought anything from the company for well over a year, but hopefully the information I have provided is still current.

Cheshire Volunteer figures were originally designed and owned by Alex Williams. Of course there were known as Alex William's Cheshire Volunteer. There were model figures and not toy soldiers, among the best of the '80s. The particular figure shown is an Irish Guards sergeant from the Guards Armored Division. It is one of the 4 Arnhem figures designed. The other three are a U.S. Para, a British para and a British Glider infantryman (Ox and Buchs Light Infantry, then trained as air landing unit). I am also sure that Allan Goodwin of Good Toy Soldiers is owner of the range. he is always present at the London Toy Soldier Show. I am posting a photo of my Irish guards sgt which I painted years ago using artists oils, to see the quality of it. By the way at the last London Show I noticed some toy soldiers, who were reminiscent of Cheshire Volunteer style (especially an Indian soldier, similar to Cheshire's Naik) but I didn't pay any attention. Are they back in production?
20150422_185338.jpg

An advert from Military Modelling in 1987

ches 1 R.jpg ches 2 R.jpg

As you can read; this one is a 100mm, a very good sculpt... would be a murder to paint it glossy
The VN1 is a 54mm, also a very good sculpt job
Best

Here is another Cheshire Volunteer figure- PW2 Chindit, Burma 1944.

Now this is an interesting figure as I found an illustration on the net that this figure was sculpted to match, right down to the loose left lapel.

He is described as Chindit, 2nd Battalion, The Queens Royal Regiment. I don't know which book this is sourced from but it makes me wonder if there was an arrangement like New Hope Designs had with Osprey? Anybody know any more?

Scott

Attachments

• Chindit.jpg
    Chindit.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_4971.jpg
    IMG_4971.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_4973.jpg
    IMG_4973.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_4975.jpg
    IMG_4975.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 248
Just showing off my three Cheshire Volunteer figures.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_4981.jpg
    IMG_4981.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 273
Cheshire Volunteer figures were originally designed and owned by Alex Williams. Of course there were known as Alex William's Cheshire Volunteer. There were model figures and not toy soldiers, among the best of the '80s. The particular figure shown is an Irish Guards sergeant from the Guards Armored Division. It is one of the 4 Arnhem figures designed. The other three are a U.S. Para, a British para and a British Glider infantryman (Ox and Buchs Light Infantry, then trained as air landing unit). I am also sure that Allan Goodwin of Good Toy Soldiers is owner of the range. he is always present at the London Toy Soldier Show. I am posting a photo of my Irish guards sgt which I painted years ago using artists oils, to see the quality of it. By the way at the last London Show I noticed some toy soldiers, who were reminiscent of Cheshire Volunteer style (especially an Indian soldier, similar to Cheshire's Naik) but I didn't pay any attention. Are they back in production?
View attachment 171982

It wasnt our 1:32 range by any chance? Ready4Action miniatures? Martin and I have made our figures in a very similar style to the Cheshire Volunteer range, quite a few of which I have in my collection.

Here is a pic of our Indians in case that was what you were thinking off:

Guards 022.jpg

Guards 025.jpg

and a RTR crewman

DSCF2502.JPG

we have a large 1:32 range of WW2 figures costing £29.50ea. We do Guards, paras, SS, German infantry, British Commando, US paras Indian Army etc. We also have a Jeep in 1:32 and are just about to release an RAF version.

have a look at

www.r4a.info.

Hi.
Is the address for Alan Goodwin still current?
Thanks,
MikeNick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back