Help on these Marx WW2 Soldiers? (2 Viewers)

thanks i never even heard of ajax or auburn :) something new learned.

Auburn did some hard rubber figures pre-WW2. In the 50's Auburn was producing several lines of softer latex rubber vehicles and figures. As Lord A mentioned, they had a set of frontiers people, plus they had a set of Korean War vintage GIs or Marines in about 60-65mm, plus farmers, a few construction workers, etc. Auburn had quite a few cars, trucks, tractors, tanks, and other military vehicles that were very common in dime stores in my childhood. The vehicles were usually in a much smaller scale than the figures. Figure scupting and posing were generally quite good.

Gary B.

In addition they had police and firemen, as well as some western figures. I think they had the only toy soldier ever smoking a cigarette.

Auburn did some hard rubber figures pre-WW2. In the 50's Auburn was producing several lines of softer latex rubber vehicles and figures. As Lord A mentioned, they had a set of frontiers people, plus they had a set of Korean War vintage GIs or Marines in about 60-65mm, plus farmers, a few construction workers, etc. Auburn had quite a few cars, trucks, tractors, tanks, and other military vehicles that were very common in dime stores in my childhood. The vehicles were usually in a much smaller scale than the figures. Figure scupting and posing were generally quite good.

Gary B.

In addition they had police and firemen, as well as some western figures. I think they had the only toy soldier ever smoking a cigarette.

I wondered if that figure is banned now?

Hi again guys, I took out the marx figs which were the ones i was after, these are the names I came up with from all of the information you guys gave.
007.jpg

The gut without a stand is Lido, the sniper is Marx 60mm, Ideal had an almost identical pose, but I believe the one pictured is Marx.

Hi again guys, I took out the marx figs which were the ones i was after, these are the names I came up with from all of the information you guys gave.
007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back