Hm of gb camel corp castings now made by fleurbaix (1 Viewer)

Fleurbaix

Private 1st Class
Some new remakes from fleurbaix - some are heading off to customers all over the world. Some we are making to see how they are!
Thanks Fr Greg
Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers

Attachments

• kgorog 033.jpg
    kgorog 033.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 503
  • kgorog 034.jpg
    kgorog 034.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 428
Some new remakes from fleurbaix - some are heading off to customers all over the world. Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers

Hello Father Greg,
Just spotted this old thread on your reissued HM of GB Camel Corps figures. I've always had a soft spot for these handsome camels, which originally came with a very attractive two-tone sprayed paint finish. I saw six slightly care worn examples at the London Toy Soldier Show about 2 years back, but passed up the opportunity to buy them as there wasn't a consistent paint finish and the amount of work needed to harmonise the colours and touch up the chips and prangs didn't match the asking price. (They must have all come from different production runs - some gloss, some semi-gloss, different tones used for the Morrocan red leather saddles etc. All good in themsleves, but not when mixed together!)
Can you give me a rough price for unpainted camel castings, as I'd quite like to try and replicate the original finish myself. I'm more interested in the camels than the figures, as the build and stature of the riders isn't really compatible with other figures in my collection.
Wish I'd been on this forum when you orignally posted - I suspect I won't be getting as many Aussie dollars to the pound as in 2009!
Look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, PC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back