Hobby bunker, Inc. is now carrying First Legion Ltd. (1 Viewer)

What FL gives up in profit per sale will be made up in volume now that their product will be seen more on the local level and collectors can purchase from their favorite dealers. -- Al

That makes sense Al and like others the shipping charges buying direct are a turn off.
Mark

What a surprising development.

Some may recall that I have weighed in on this subject frequently (usually/always uninvited :))

In my view the dealer model always made the most sense from a sales perspective. It will be interesting to hear from FL why they are changing what was a unique strategy in this industry - that being the direct sold business model. Maybe they are just changing part of the model, or some other aspect. Like I said, how they explain it and what they say will be interesting, at least to me.

Not to bring up a possibly volatile subject, but perhaps most interesting of all will be how this change will affect their pricing strategy. That is a key element, especially in todays economy.

I think I actually agree with you for once. ^&grin

This is an interesting development. To be honest, I too, have waited sometimes on small orders, simply due to the shipping costs. Perhaps that will be a thing of the past?

Noah

Guys,
Price and Dealer margin are an interesting subject. The Aussie dollar and US dollar are roughly on a par at the moment.
Selected four figures at random from the Australian FL Dealer's website and compared them to the FL website.
Crusaders FLCRU023 US$54.95 --- AU$71.00 --- 22.61%
Roman FLROM015 US$59.95 --- AU$74.00 --- 18.99%
German WW11 FLGERSTAl019 US$109.95 --- AU$142.00 --- 22.57%
Naps 95th Rifles FLNAP0289 US$54.95 --- AU$68.00 --- 19.19%
Food for thought.:smile2:
Cheers Howard

Guys,
Price and Dealer margin are an interesting subject. The Aussie dollar and US dollar are roughly on a par at the moment.
Selected four figures at random from the Australian FL Dealer's website and compared them to the FL website.
Crusaders FLCRU023 US$54.95 --- AU$71.00 --- 22.61%
Roman FLROM015 US$59.95 --- AU$74.00 --- 18.99%
German WW11 FLGERSTAl019 US$109.95 --- AU$142.00 --- 22.57%
Naps 95th Rifles FLNAP0289 US$54.95 --- AU$68.00 --- 19.19%
Food for thought.:smile2:
Cheers Howard

He also charges more for K and C figures than US dealers , so it I dought it would have any relation
to prices for FL figures being sold by dealers in the US .
Very good guy to deal with but certainly not the cheapest port of call for toy soldiers.

I personally hope that direct order will also remain a continued option for collectors....As I recieved nothing but "excellent sevice" ordering on the First Legion Website...I've been ordering direct for almost a year now....Great Products...Great Service...Timely Shipping....First Legion Rules{sm4}

I personally hope that direct order will also remain a continued option for collectors....As I recieved nothing but "excellent sevice" ordering on the First Legion Website...I've been ordering direct for almost a year now....Great Products...Great Service...Timely Shipping....First Legion Rules{sm4}

I agree nothing but excellent service from FL.

Competition is good for consumers. IF FL adopts the "No Discount" policy, like King and Country, dealers will have to be creative with rewards programs for frequent buyers and such.

By all means, the owners and managers of the TFF, where you post and visit regularly, should have no expectation that you would ever feel the slightest obligation to FINANCIALLY support them for all the ancillary services they provide. After all, if you can get it for free, take it! The rest of the dealer network, who ALL serve very important risk mitigation and financial diversification roles for the manufacturing community, surely also appreciate your support, as well as your implied suggestion that the "Great Service and Timely SHipping" you receive from FL is not available through them. Solid! :D

More than likely FL is changing its distribution model so that it can reduce inventory (financing) costs as well as lower/eliminate? the ongoing expense of maintaining an arrangement for sending out small orders versus the bulk shipping that can be obtained from stocking dealers.

I know, I know, such thinking hurts my head too. Im here to help! {sm4};)

I think there are many reason's for Matt Pavone to open his range up to dealers.
First of all he keeps craking out these amazing figures and expanding his business. If there is stock on hand and enough margin to be made then the time is right. If quantities are increased at the factory it usually drives the price down so a little more wiggle room perhaps.

I have know Matt for a long time and even went to elementary school with his younger sister. Rather than speculate on the reasons I suppose we can all wait for his newsletter.

We are putting them on our site now and they will be available for mail order.

- Matt Murphy (not to be confused with matt Pavone)

I don't think that prices are going to rise. It doesn't make sense. Dealers get a % off retail price depending on volume of sales.
Alex

Prices are NOT going to rise. I saw the price sheet on the FL items myself at the HB and they are exactly the same as on the FL website.

The only difference in cost to the dealer was that they have to pay the shipping cost to have their order shipped to then from FL. So the dealer that give free shipping is going to end up with a smaller profit margine on FL items, which I must say isn't at all that big to begin with.

I like the fact that I can walk off the street and into a dealer and purchase whatever FL item I need, anytime I find need to, simple for me.

Prices are NOT going to rise. I saw the price sheet on the FL items myself at the HB and they are exactly the same as on the FL website.

Yep, I saw that same thing. Just checked out the AWI line at Hobby Bunker and the prices are the exact same as from FL direct.

Noah

Yep, I saw that same thing. Just checked out the AWI line at Hobby Bunker and the prices are the exact same as from FL direct.

Noah

You know, I wasn't going to purchase FL items, but with this new dealer developement it completely changes the picture for me. Impulse buying is going to be a real problem for me now. I'll be at my dealer's store to make my usual Figarti purchases and FL will be there staring back AT MEEEE. What am I goin' TO DOOOO. That happened to me when I saw the Marco Polo Collection's Roman Buildings . . .I CAAVVED. . .:eek:

NOW THIS . . .{eek3}

What it means for me is that I can pick up a new FL figure when I place another order instead of always buying in bunches and months apart. I love it.

Posted on FL site

First Legion Adds a Selection of North American Dealers

In addition to all of the new pre-orders, there is one more piece of very exciting news that we wanted to make sure we got out before the weekend started. First Legion is very pleased to announce that we have added a selection of North American Retailers to stock and resell our products! Up to this point, as most of you know, we have maintained a direct sales only distribution model in North America complemented by George from Minuteman Toy Soldiers representing our brand at trade shows. We have now changed this model and effective immediately our figures will be available from the following North American Authorized Dealers:

Alsand's Toy Soldiers Plus, Gettysburg Miniature Soldiers, Hobby Bunker, Le Petit Soldat, Minuteman Toy Soldiers, Roy Easton Military Miniatures, Sierra Toy Soldier, Stan Clark Military Books, Ted Toy Miniatures, Treefrog Treasures, and Troops of Time. Full contact information for each of these companies can be found on our dealers page.

These dealers have already placed their initial stock orders and product should be reaching them next week. So if one of the above dealers is someone you've worked with in the past, you now have the option to purchase our figures directly from them at their shops or mail order. Even if you don't have a relationship with any of these folks, they are a strong group of dealers and you should feel free to give any of them a try as we are confident that they will represent our brand with the utmost professionalism and high standards of service that we here at First Legion have always tried to maintain. We will still be selling our products direct as well, so nothing changes for those of you who prefer to continue purchasing our products directly from us.

We will expand upon the elements that went into this decision and what it means for us a company in our upcoming newsletter which will go out in a day or two. However, we did want to take a moment to say a very big thank you to one Mr. George Guerriero of Minuteman Toy Soldiers. George has been with us literally since day one as our trade show dealer and long time friend. Those of you who have had the pleasure to have dealings with George know full well that he is a tireless worker and extremely well thought of in this industry as a leading dealer. I still remember when I first called him and told him I was going to start a toy soldier company and that we were going to make figures the likes of which the market hadn't seen. He was doubtful of course having heard it all before no doubt, but he volunteered his services to promote our brand at the shows, entering into a very unique relationship with us. In the four years since he made that fateful decision both of our companies have grown tremendously and he has no doubt played a big part in in the success that we now enjoy as one of the world's leading figure companies. So if you read this George, thanks my friend. And just so there is no confusion, this is in no way a farewell to George. On the contrary, George will still be stocking our figures as a dealer with the added benefit that he will not only still be representing us a the shows, but selling mail order now as well

Enjoy the weekend everyone, our newsletter is not far off!

By all means, the owners and managers of the TFF, where you post and visit regularly, should have no expectation that you would ever feel the slightest obligation to FINANCIALLY support them for all the ancillary services they provide. After all, if you can get it for free, take it! The rest of the dealer network, who ALL serve very important risk mitigation and financial diversification roles for the manufacturing community, surely also appreciate your support, as well as your implied suggestion that the "Great Service and Timely SHipping" you receive from FL is not available through them. Solid! :D

More than likely FL is changing its distribution model so that it can reduce inventory (financing) costs as well as lower/eliminate? the ongoing expense of maintaining an arrangement for sending out small orders versus the bulk shipping that can be obtained from stocking dealers.

I know, I know, such thinking hurts my head too. Im here to help! {sm4};)

I did not imply anything Rutledge,.... I'm just stating facts and my experience...I have ordered directly from FL for the past year and have received "great service" and "timely shipping" from First Legion and Matt Pavone......They have an excellent website...Does that offend you??.^&confuse......It seems that prices will remain the same wherever a collector chooses to order them....I do place many Figarti orders with Hobbybunker...............If your head hurts go take some aspirin....I'm fine

Sahara,

Unfortunately, what you posted from our news page wasn't exactly finished yet (i was still updating! You guys are quick!). So if you still have time to edit your post, copy and paste again for the complete news from our website.

Thanks!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back