How About A World War I Thread??? (6 Viewers)

Hartschier

Private 2
Treefrog newbie here!!! One of my favorite K&C lines is the World War I category. I have everything to date and three different displays. I also have all of Light horse and Turks which are in this time frame as well. I cannot wait for next months release. :)

Also does anyone know the status of the Mosque and Minaret diorama pieces? They have been moved back on the K&C sites through October and now into late November. They are still there, but did not even get mentioned in this months dispatch which even carried some December information.

Hi WW1 collector, yep I have all the Light Horse series & British Scots. Looking forward to the new releases, especially that Turk gun, 2 of those for me. The Temple is expected in the next few weeks and will make a nice backdrop, I have been following its progress for months and I can almost taste it. Post some photo's if you can of your collections. Cheers, Robin.

Hi WW1 collector, yep I have all the Light Horse series & British Scots. Looking forward to the new releases, especially that Turk gun, 2 of those for me. The Temple is expected in the next few weeks and will make a nice backdrop, I have been following its progress for months and I can almost taste it. Post some photo's if you can of your collections. Cheers, Robin.
Thanks for your reply. The Johnny Turk cannon set is great. I also love the Turk officer flag bearer. But I think the Leaping Light-horseman has to take the prize!! What a sculpt!!!
Give some time to get this all figured out and I will post some pics!! My current display has a captured British Mark IV supporting the entrenched Turks.............alas, to no avail....

Also in proper respect to the ANZAC force that never received the credit they deserved in the shadow of the BIG 4, I think we need a few WWI Kiwi's.......!!!!

....and with this in mind another area that I would love to see in this new WWI desert theater range, would be Africa. I have an extensive collection of soldiers representing the British and German colonies. As in, East Africa; South and South West Africa; etc. The makers include: C. Stadden; Beau Geste; Hiriart; Fusiliers; Crawford Collection; Mignot; Authenticast; Potsdammer Zin Soldaten; zin spiel figuren; Bastion and a few others. This area of soldiers is very sought after and commands great price at shows and on line trading. They are few and far between.
But, no one has done it anywhere near the detail and quality that K&C could. I tell you..they would go like hot cakes!!
I would start it off with a set of German East Africa led by "The Lion Of Africa". Namely Paul von Lettow Vorbech. He is compared to and slightly above Erwin Rommel in character and ability. He fought surrounded on all sides by the British, Belgians and Portuguese colonial forces. He was never defeated and finally marched his force out in 1919 when a courier finally got thru to tell him the war was over! He was so well liked by his British counterparts that they actually paid a pension to him after the war for life; out of their respect for him and his humane treatment of the captured.. Now that is the best of enemies.

I am surprised you have just started using this forum, given all your extensive collections, which no doubt you will create a lot of interest.The jumping Light Horse is very nice, but it limits me to one as it is too unique, not in keeping with my army building ideas. My WWI interests to date only centre around Aust/Turk conflict.Cheers, Robin.

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully this thread will get some more attention after the mud slinging stops. That is why I have taken so long to join. But now that I am here.......who knows.....maybe I will have to bake a few mud pies myself!!!!

Great range the WW1 range by K&C and we have a lot of colletcors of it and a lot of times the guys are really into the history of the war and great to listen to.

Welcome on board

Tony
K&C UK

Greetings Hartschier. Welcome to the forum. I am glad to see another student of WW1 come aboard. I have been a WW1 fan since I was a tyke. I am a big WW1 aviation follower but I have studied and collected all aspects of that war. There are many interesting areas that could be done but the African theatre is a really good one. If anyone takes the time to read about the various campaigns, especially East Africa, they will be very impressed. There was no bigger hero in First World War Germany than von Lettow Vorbeck. It would make a great TS series. -- Al

Another WWI enthusiast signing in here! I love the K&C WWI and the ALH series.

WW1 is also my main interest (other than Bastogne really my ONLY interest) and I would love to see a thread dedicated to it

Go figure- a Texan WW1 enthusiast :D Welcome aboard!!

I am holding to see where/ how it develops. I have two of the 1917 Germans- need to see the doughboys first. Do believe the Mark IV they did is one of their best tanks yet.

Well thank you very much!! Great to see that we might just make this thread work!! I sure hope K&C will follow it and perhaps use some of the ideas for future design concepts. Along with East and South Africa infantry of British, German, Belgians, Portuguese, etc; K&C could do WWI marines and sailors (small vessels could be later as well). The whole Lawrence of Arabia epoch could fall right in as well. I bet that is up their sleeve. We could have General Allenby and the British expeditionary force; etc; etc; etc!!! In these areas the soldiers can be used in a multitude of separate conflicts i.e. in our dioramas. I also think the Boer War and especially the Boxer rebellion would sell well too. All the different allied armies fighting together for 75 days in Peking!!! No soldier maker has pulled of a great detailed run on this. Well here is to wishing!!!

You bet!! Thanks for the encouragement!! I can't wait for thew Aussies and Turks!! Also I believe there was something in the 210 days leaflet about fighting WW1 Poilu's. BRING IT ON!!!

Well a transplant anyway, but long enough to be considered a native!!!! Thanks for the good words. I would like to add that I respect your standing your ground in the tirade threads!! Give both barrels!!! They can take it!!

Hello welcome to the forum great to see a positive thread started, :) I have to admit since delving into matte WW2 i haven't really paid much attention to WW1. That has changed recently since the new lighthorse figures have been released, they have really taken my eye & i hope to add them to my collection.

Craig

Thanks for your good words!!! They really are outstanding to say the least. I am amazed at how fairly plain uniforms i.e. OD/ Drab green could be painted to such definition. I have done and do a fair amount of modeling. I have also been an artist all my life. At one point professionally...and I can't hold a candle to this work. I would love to visit the factories one day and see the artists at work. It must be phenomenal.

The same goes for the WWI lines too. I think the new French are outstanding. The German's in action and the storm troopers cannot be beat!!

Thanks again!!

...also in light of the new fire sale underway for old items....i would sweep the German and Scottish WW1 before they are gone or raised in price. You know how it is....if you start getting some......you are going to want the whole contingent!!!!

Thanks for your good words!!! They really are outstanding to say the least. I am amazed at how fairly plain uniforms i.e. OD/ Drab green could be painted to such definition. I have done and do a fair amount of modeling. I have also been an artist all my life. At one point professionally...and I can't hold a candle to this work. I would love to visit the factories one day and see the artists at work. It must be phenomenal.

The same goes for the WWI lines too. I think the new French are outstanding. The German's in action and the storm troopers cannot be beat!!

Thanks again!!

Yes the paint jobs are outstanding got to give them credit :cool: I collected britains premier range back in the 90's & always had a soft spot for anything WW1!!! Recently ive been an avid WW2 fan so WW1 had to take a back seat! Think thats about to change though now ive seen the lighthorse trouble is there to much to choose from!!!

Craig

I here ya! I have thus fa been able to keep up with all eight I think lines of K&C that I buy. But it is tough.

I also have the Britain's mounted Uhlans with gas masks in my collection. They are nice...no offense to Britain's...but the K&C ones are a cut above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back