How Do You Collect Your King and Country Figures?? (1 Viewer)

I just started collecting K&C this past Feb. I got involved because of the Afrika Korps and Eighth Army stuff. I did study the other lines, but decided to focus on those two (which are exceptional). Fortunately, I have now knocked out all the retired AK sets (with the exception of AK1-9) and will start working on the retired EA sets. I keep a chart and check off the sets I've purchased. My hope is to have most of the sets for these two lines by the end of the year before Andy releases new AK and EA stuff. Mind you it is difficult to explain to the wife why I'm doing this. I was not a completist when I collected Imperial Productions from New Zealand in the 1990's, but decided it makes sense to do it with K&C. Frankly, I thought I was done collecting toy soldiers. That all changed when I saw the Grief, the Matilda, etc. Given the volume of stuff done by K&C, my advice to other new collectors is to pick a series or two and focus your collection. It was fairly easy and not crazy expensive to pick off retired sets from these two lines. I think it would be harder to do that with some of the other lines done by K&C given that some of those have sets that have been retired for many years.

Given the volume of stuff done by K&C, my advice to other new collectors is to pick a series or two and focus your collection.

Good to know there are some other relative newbies out there - :) IMHO, that's sound, practical advice. My passion is WW2 German - I love the K+C stuff for all sorts of reasons, one of them being the breadth of what they offer, but it's a double-edged sword isn't it - unless you have bottomless pockets it's very difficult, if not impossible to keep up, especially if you decide to try and get hold of retired products and limited editions etc. as well. TBH, I don't plan to go down that route but I do plan to keep up to date with new releases.

For that very reason I've decided to stick with the LAH and Waffen SS ranges, but steering clear of the winter stuff. Periodically I will update my wish list by going on to the website and downloading images of new stuff to add to my 'Toy Soldier Powerpoint Presentation' file - when I purchase a new piece I add a little tick onto the relevant image - :D

Good to know there are some other relative newbies out there - :) IMHO, that's sound, practical advice. My passion is WW2 German - I love the K+C stuff for all sorts of reasons, one of them being the breadth of what they offer, but it's a double-edged sword isn't it - unless you have bottomless pockets it's very difficult, if not impossible to keep up, especially if you decide to try and get hold of retired products and limited editions etc. as well. TBH, I don't plan to go down that route but I do plan to keep up to date with new releases.

For that very reason I've decided to stick with the LAH and Waffen SS ranges, but steering clear of the winter stuff. Periodically I will update my wish list by going on to the website and downloading images of new stuff to add to my 'Toy Soldier Powerpoint Presentation' file - when I purchase a new piece I add a little tick onto the relevant image - :D

Its not just me who does that then!:D

Rob

I collect the models i like not everything only the range i have .
and some of are club collect the range i do'not have .
so we have a great collection

richard .:):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back