How Do You Post a pic??????? (3 Viewers)

spartan.jpg

Lets see. It does work! Image shack seems to be having problems.

I like the skirmishers moving out in front of the panzers

I noticed that some expert posters know how to post pictures next to each other rather than below each other. Any recommendation?

Further, using ImageShack etc. the pictures appear rather small and require a click to dispay full size - any recommendation how to post a picture in full size for this forum that is appropriate for the screen size?

I noticed that some expert posters know how to post pictures next to each other rather than below each other. Any recommendation?

Further, using ImageShack etc. the pictures appear rather small and require a click to dispay full size - any recommendation how to post a picture in full size for this forum that is appropriate for the screen size?
I have been using photobucket since it was recommend to me here when I asked a similar question.
http://register.photobucket.com/
With it you set the size of the photo you like with either your own program or with theirs after you upload it and once saved in your online album, you just cut a paste the IMG code for your photo into your post. If you paste them side by side, they will appear side by side unless they are too big, in which case they will appear one below the other. If you hit return between the pastes, they will appear one below the other.
I really recommend this site. I am still using the free version and I have a lot of photos posted here at whatever size I chose.

:) well where there's a will... a Tommy Atkins Jacobite btw.ob

Attachments

• 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 256
Hmmm...pity I've yet to blunder onto how to present a larger image...never mind me puttering around down here:).ob

Attachments

• 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 235
Hmmm...pity I've yet to blunder onto how to present a larger image...never mind me puttering around down here:).ob
Try using Photo Bucket! Here are some instructions I posted awhile back that should help you!

http://photobucket.com/

I,ve been asked many times how to use photo bucket to add photos to posts on the forum so I decided to just make a how to thread.

Photo bucket is free to use and you can store tons of photos on it and post links to your photos so that others may veiw your photos.
To get started you,ll have to sign up and start an account with them. I posted a link to the site at the top of the page. Just follow the directions on the site to start your account, its easy.

Now that your signed up now, you,ll need to log in with the user name and pass word you have choosen!

Once you have loged into your account you,ll see a box at the top of the page with 3 boxes that say BROWSE, Click on these to search your computor to find the photos you want to upload to the site.
You can add(upload) one photo at a time or more if you wish. There are 3 Browse boxes but there is also an option button that says add more photos you can click if you wish to add more but lets just up load one photo for now to get the hang of it.

So here we go lets add some photos now that your logged in!!!

Click on the Browse button! This will open a box to search your computor and access Your photos or your documents or where ever you have your photos.
Find the photo you wish to add and click on it and then hit the open button. Now just hit the UPLOAD button on the photo bucket site just under the browse buttons and in a few seconds your photos should now be on the photo bucket site!!!

Now that you have your photos on the photo bucket site, you can now post a link to your photos to add them to your posts here on the forum or any where else on the internet.

Heres how you do that!!!

Under all your photos in your photo bucket account are 4 small boxes, you need to click on the 4th box down that says IMG code. When you click this box it should flash real fast COPIED.
Now all you need to do is make your post on the hobby bunker forum and when your ready to add your photo to your post just right click your mouse and a box will open! just look for PASTE and click on it and your photo will be added to the post.
Just rember to click the enter key on your keybord before and after you add your photo to keep the photo from running into your typed post. and if you add more then one photo click the enter button after adding each photo.

Start with just one photo to get started to keep it simple and it might be a good idea to print out these instructions on a piece of paper to make it eaier to follow along as you try your first photo. This is really easy once you get the hang of it and you,ll be posting photos without even thinking about it before you know it.

To add more then one photo at a time you should open a second window and just go back and forth between the photo bucket site and the hobby bunker forum because you can only copy and paste one photo at a time.

Good luck!!!

Now lets see some photos guys!!!!

--------------------
TIM!!!

Hi Tim,

I have never used Photobucket, but I an considering doing so. Is there a limit to the number of photos you can store in your file on Photobucket? Can you have multiple files of photos? Thanks for your help!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Hi Tim,

I have never used Photobucket, but I an considering doing so. Is there a limit to the number of photos you can store in your file on Photobucket? Can you have multiple files of photos? Thanks for your help!

Well I also keep suggesting it. It is dead simple to set up and free for up to 10,000 photos. If you exceed that, there is a pro version for a nominal fee but frankly I can't imagine getting close to that. Yes, you can have multiple folders of photos organized the way you like. The only thing you have to watch out for is that if you change the location of a photo you have posted somewhere, that post will lose the photo since the address link for it will no longer be valid. Not a big issue though. Try it today and you can post photos at whatever size you like.

030-1.jpg

030.jpg

:cool::D Thanks a million Fishead ,I've heard that a great teacher is one that makes things clear and accesible to even the most troglodytical oldboy :)NOW ALL I'VE GOT TO DO IS TAKE SOME DECENT SHOTS!! :eek:

Well I also keep suggesting it. It is dead simple to set up and free for up to 10,000 photos. If you exceed that, there is a pro version for a nominal fee but frankly I can't imagine getting close to that. Yes, you can have multiple folders of photos organized the way you like. The only thing you have to watch out for is that if you change the location of a photo you have posted somewhere, that post will lose the photo since the address link for it will no longer be valid. Not a big issue though. Try it today and you can post photos at whatever size you like.

Hi Spitfrnd,

Thanks for the information. I have lots of pictures of my collection, but I am still a far cry from 10,000! :D It certainly sounds like Photobucket is a great resource and an easy one to use.

This is a test:
:confused:

BythePowerofZeus-HerculesSteveRe-1.jpg

Gentlemen, are there any other fans of Steve Reeves around?
:D

Uthred

That was hard! I had to edit my post half a dozen times before I got it right...
:mad:

Let's see if I can do this right this time!
:)

Anyone sharing her point of view?

AWomansPointofViewCONTE1.jpg

Uthred

Yes!

I finally learned it!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D

BrbaroCONTE2a.jpg

It isn't hard after one figures it out...
Uthred

Yes!

I finally learned it!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D

BrbaroCONTE2a.jpg

It isn't hard after one figures it out...
Uthred

Hi Uthred,

Congratulations! You have done a great job of learning how to post pictures! I remember how much of a challenge learning how to post pictures was. However, once you learn how to do it, it seems very simple.

Again, congratulations! Now, I look forward to viewing more of your collection!

Hi Uthred,

Congratulations! You have done a great job of learning how to post pictures! I remember how much of a challenge learning how to post pictures was. However, once you learn how to do it, it seems very simple.

Again, congratulations! Now, I look forward to viewing more of your collection!

Hi, Pat!

Thank you! Since it was my first try it was supposed to be hard. Now that I learnt the tricks of the trade, it will go smoothly. This time I'll leave one of my favorite movie stars of all time: Mr. Charlton Heston!

ElCid-TheLairdofContevilleCONTE1.jpg

Cool!
:cool::cool:

Uthred

How do you post these small pictures and when you click the "!" bar you can view the full image. Is this through Photobucket? I signed up and try to import the image to the Forum and all I get is an error message,

Thanks troops.

This is a test
KCDamagedChurch1.jpg

Let's see if this works....

I did it! It works! Thanks troops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back