How many Revolutionary War guys out there? (1 Viewer)

Ken, I was planning to go to the Saratoga Soldier Soldier shop next week to pick up a few I&R kits while on vacation but I was told by email that the shop is now closed...

Yeah, they put that announcement on the website a couple of months ago. It makes sense; the cost of maintaining a bricks-and-mortar location was probably too high to justify it any more.

Their prices went up in two passes over the past 5 years or so, once, when world metal prices spiked. Their prices almost doubled for foot figures, and went up by around 75% for mounted. I see now that they've gone up again by a couple of bucks. I still look primarily at shows and on eBay for I/R kits.

On the positive side, they are currently offering a 15% discount.

Still, for what I do, they're perfect--the Hessians and early French hussars can be used for Seven Years War figures, and the Rogers Ranger figures can fit with Britains new glossy range. I just have to plan more carefully in my budget, when buying I/R.

Prost!
Brad

I like Rev War...Dont have many but like the Wbritains/Conte sets and might pick up a few more here and there just for a small display!
But for a bigger battle will paint my own which is more fun anyway.
IMG_9254.jpg

I was collecting First Legion AWI, along with many other ranges. A recent trip to New England led to a greater interest in the period. I have a large Britains ACW collection. After taking another look at Britain's' AWI line, I picked up the old North Bridge set and several Redoubt 10 sets. There will be many more, as I really like the sculpting and painting on the latest pieces from Britains.

Growing up in Monmouth County N.J. Revolutionary War sites were everywhere. From the old houses, churches to battle fields. I started with the old Britains figures and artillery then moved to painting my own. Series 77, IR and others. But not until WM Britain came out with there latest sets that I'm back in to collecting them. The new figures are very well done. I hope that they continue the series.

Even though I live about a 1/4 mile from Fort Stamford (a AWI redoubt), our collection of AWI figures consists mainly those made in St. Petersburg, Russia and focuses mostly on Continental Army units (collected for the various flags carrried). The collection is small (less than 50 pieces). The scale is more 60mm vs Britains 54mm. I also have 3 K&C sets and some smaller pieces from Britains Red Coat series. Unfortunately, I stopped collecting AWI and went to Napoleonic and AWC period pieces. I may have some photos of the AWI collection in one of my Treefrog Photo Albums.

Here are the St. Pete figures I have:
AWI - St Pete Collection -a-.jpgAWI - St Pete Collection -b-.jpgAs to the 7 glossy pieces, I don't know the manufacturer, but they appear to be maybe home cast, unless someone can ID them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back