How tall was Monty (2 Viewers)

cement shoes

I just recieved the Montgomery and Churchill figures, and Monty is alot smaller than all my other K&C figures. Was he a very small man or is K&C off on the scale?

Totally uncalled for comment. I'm reading a book about Alamein while on vacation and although other (including Louis) have asserted that in Africa he just took some other's person's plan and made it his own, the author, a noted British forces lecturer, notes this is not the case. More later.

Brad, are we going to get into another discussion about Monty? Can't we just agree to disagree? Like many Americans, I hate him and think he is an incompetent, snobbish, underachieving idiot. Like many people from the commonwealth countries, you think he was a hero. Lets just let it lie. He was dead before I was born, and probably before you were born too, so it really doesn't matter.

I read somewhere Monty was 4' 11 with lifts in his shoes. Or was that standing next to Patton. I'm not sure.
Njja

Im just asking a simple question. Maybe me should start a thread for people who want to argue!!

Louis,

We can agree to disagree and I would never say that the man wasn't vain and pompous and that he didn't have his faults but I also think that at least in Africa, he should get some credit for helping to beat the Germans. I just don't think it does credit to say that he was a small men mentally. I don't think men like CIGS Alan Brooke would have put his confidence in him if he didn't think Monty was up to the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back