ID Help (1 Viewer)

zblang

1st Lieutenant
Can anyone tell me the manufacturer of these two? I am attaching photos of the bottoms of each

Thanks!

photo copy 2.JPG

photo.JPG

If no one replies, try searching the forum, especially this subforum, because I think there's a thread here with diagrams of the Russian makers' markings in here somewhere, from a couple years back.

Prost!
Brad

Zach,

Maybe Alex will see this but you might try Pm'ing him as he is one of the experts on this Forum about Russian figures. Combat also has quite a few Russian figures so he might be able to help you too.

Brad

If you need bigger or more detail, just let me know.

This is different that most of my others in that the colors are a little more muted and the sword is part of the sculpt, not a separate (or stainless piece).

Zach,

Thank you for the pic. This is not a studio specific casting, so the assembly and painting could have been performed by any number of Russian "studios". Since this is a kit figure and not a studio exclusive sculpt, I can't ID this one w/ absolute certainty. Sorry about that.

Joe

Zach,

Thank you for the pic. This is not a studio specific casting, so the assembly and painting could have been performed by any number of Russian "studios". Since this is a kit figure and not a studio exclusive sculpt, I can't ID this one w/ absolute certainty. Sorry about that.

Joe

Joe, understood that the casting isn't exclusive to one studio, but wouldn't the marking on the underside indicate who painted it?

Prost!
Brad

Joe, understood that the casting isn't exclusive to one studio, but wouldn't the marking on the underside indicate who painted it?

Prost!
Brad

Brad,

Yes, one of the sets of initials would be the signature of the painter. The "AR" signature indicates that the figure was sculpted by Andrey Rogachev. He sculpted figures for various kit manufacturers and studios before branching out on his own. It was then that he sculpted and painted all of his own figures. The other set of initials would indicate who painted the figure, but I don't recognize the signature.

Joe

Cool, thanks for explaining the mark, Joe!

I'm still looking for the older thread, where we had either an attachment, or maybe a link to a page, that explained the marks and had examples of the more well-known marks. If I can find it, I'll post it back here.

Prost!
Brad

Another one...

I am not familiar with this company. Does anyone know what it is?

DSC_0853.jpg

DSC_0854.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back