Images of ErrolJohn Studios figures? (1 Viewer)

Squiggle

Private 2
Does someone have images of figures from ErrolJohn Studios they could post?
And/or some catalogue/price list pages?
ErrolJohn is one of the more elusive toy soldier outfits; while Asset only has a catalogue without
photographs, at least Asset has a website with their catalogue. ErrolJohn doesn't seem to have a website at all.

Does someone have images of figures from ErrolJohn Studios they could post?
And/or some catalogue/price list pages?
ErrolJohn is one of the more elusive toy soldier outfits; while Asset only has a catalogue without
photographs, at least Asset has a website with their catalogue. ErrolJohn doesn't seem to have a website at all.

Here's an article by Toy Soldier Collector - dated 2010. Have a read - especially the end - which gives an address for Errol John Studios.

Well...............it's a start! Haven't heard from them in several years. jb

http://toysoldiercollector.com/index.php?GOTO=5&PICFILE=5&RNZ=176248

Thank you jb!

Hi again Squiggle - Further to my last - I found another pic online, which shows a box with a different address for ERROLJOHN. Address looks like ; Alma House,111Weston Road, Rochester, Kent ME7311B. Rather nice looking Officer figures in "Mess Dress" this time.

May lead nowhere - but it is another lead nevertheless. Here's the pic which shows address.

EJM.jpg

Hi All,
The address in Rochester, Kent is an old address. The one at the end of the article in TSC is the correct one for Errol John Studios. They don't have a website, but a price list can be sent on receipt of an A4 SAE or alternatively an illustrated catalogue priced at £10.00 is available by contacting Errol Pace, the owner, on the telephone number listed at the end of the aforementioned article.
Hope this helps.
acwcavalry

I have a great set called Christmas in Khyber. Great figures that fit in well with Britain’s and Marlborough glossy sets

Dave

Thanks to you all - I did end up contacting Errol Pace, owner of ErrolJohn Studios.
He was very friendly, and is going to send me a catalogue along with an order I placed with him for a few figures.
I did an internet search and found a couple images of
his figures; he has, among others, what look like compelling Indian soldiers of the British Raj. He told me
he is working on an article for Toy Soldier Collector on his interest in the British Indian Army, which I look forward
to reading.
-Squiggle

Thanks to you all - I did end up contacting Errol Pace, owner of ErrolJohn Studios.
He was very friendly, and is going to send me a catalogue along with an order I placed with him for a few figures.
I did an internet search and found a couple images of
his figures; he has, among others, what look like compelling Indian soldiers of the British Raj. He told me
he is working on an article for Toy Soldier Collector on his interest in the British Indian Army, which I look forward
to reading.
-Squiggle

Another excellent example of how Treefroggers, when they combine with bits of knowledge, can help another member get in touch with a difficult to find manufacturer. Glad I was able to contribute.

Just for future reference - do you happen to have that all important phone number for ErrolJohn Toy Soldiers please?

Got me interested enough to make a call to enquire whether he does unpainted castings........... Johnnybach.

Hi JB,
I am not sure if Errol John Studios are still supplying castings. When they started to produce figures again after a period away from the hobby I am pretty sure that Errol mentioned that he would only be making and selling gloss painted finished figures from now on.
Regards
acwcavalry

Hi JB,
I am not sure if Errol John Studios are still supplying castings. When they started to produce figures again after a period away from the hobby I am pretty sure that Errol mentioned that he would only be making and selling gloss painted finished figures from now on.
Regards
acwcavalry

Okay - thanks for the info - jb

Hi JB,
Regards
acwcavalry

I was lucky enough to purchase some castings from John 11 years ago when I visited London and attended the Toy Soldier Show.

When I asked John about more castings, he said these were the last he was selling becasue he found that someone was copying his castings and selling them off very cheaply. He therefore would only sell painted figures, which were dearer, of course.

He has also had problems with some overseas buyers not paying and troubles with currency excahnge, so was only selling them in UK, so that was real blow for me, being from Australia.

These 4 Napoleonic figures are what I bought and painted myself:

d_lancer_1.jpgd_lancer_2.jpgfrench_sign.jpg

2 x Dutch Lancers of Imperial Guard & Fusilier & Voltiguere in the snow.

I remember having a catalogue, so I'll see if I can find it ???

regards,
John

I have found another Napoleonic Vignette, Grenadier a Cheval del la Garde, talking to a Driver of the train D'artillerie over a stile c1813.

2fence.jpg

All these figures I have shown are made by Ensign Miniatures, but sold by Errol John and also appear in his catalogue that I got in 2008 at the Show.
I only have the 3 x Napoleonic pages, but can show them if you like?

John

Hi JB,

I contacted Errol using email, with this email address: errolpace123@outlook.com
He put this email address in a small advert I found in Toy Soldier Collector.
-Squiggle

Another excellent example of how Treefroggers, when they combine with bits of knowledge, can help another member get in touch with a difficult to find manufacturer. Glad I was able to contribute.

Just for future reference - do you happen to have that all important phone number for ErrolJohn Toy Soldiers please?

Got me interested enough to make a call to enquire whether he does unpainted castings........... Johnnybach.

Hi JB,

I contacted Errol using email, with this email address: errolpace123@outlook.com
He put this email address in a small advert I found in Toy Soldier Collector.
-Squiggle

Well done! - good find - I had a look for something like that too - in my (incomplete) back copies of the mag - but couldn't find it. Thanks for the address - I may send off a speculative e-mail as to whether he does castings - or not - just to see whether he might change his mind from his earlier decision.

So...............there we are. Job done. Well done all of us - as we now know that ErrolJohn is certainly still in business - and even on the Internet for e-mails, at least.

Johnnybach ( jb)

A bit late, but here is the advert in the Feb/March 2019 issue of Toy Soldier Collector magazine.

Jeff

Attachments

• ejs.jpg
    ejs.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 138
Hi Jeff/JB and team,
Any idea if John Errol focuses on sets that are action based for the late 1890´s and 1900´s or just parade/garrison type sets?
Has he shared any info with the group here, so as to avoid flooding him with enquires?
Cheers
Luiz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back