Imperial Cadet Corps (1 Viewer)

Ana Donzino

First Sergeant
Hi guys,

I'm working on the Imperial Cadet Corps for a collector. These are a group of 27 cavalrymen that were in the Main Procession, in front of the Aides de Camps elephants, and they took part of the Troops Review too.
Here are a few photos of the group.

cadets1.jpg

cadets3.jpg

cadets2.jpg

cadets4.jpg

Do you have the Imperial Cadet Corps from other companies? Would you like me to release them as standard sets? What do you think?

I am making all 27 of them. But, if I release them, they will come in sets of 3, so you can have 3, or 6, or even the 27. As there is a list of all of them, they will come with different heads and bodies so each one can represent a real person of the group.

cadets8.jpg

cadets6.jpg

cadets7.jpg

Would you like me to make them available to all collectors? How many of you have other versions, or are planning to buy some? Let me know!

Ana

Hi Ana,

What a terrific and wonderful project! One lucky collector is going to be very happy! The Imperial Cadet figures are among my favorites. Presently, I own the Marlborough and the W. Britain versions of the Imperial Cadet Corps, but I would most certainly add your proposed figures to my collection. However, I have serious doubts if I could purchase nine sets (27 cadets) of them, but I would most certainly purchase two or three sets.

I am guessing most Durbar collectors would hesitate to purchase the complete series of 27 Cadets, but I think many of us who are dedicated Durbar collectors would want one or two sets. The expense involved in obtaining nine sets plus the shelf space required to display the figures would cause most of us to limit our purchase to a couple sets. The Marlborough Imperial Cadets consists of two sets of three mounted figures. The W. Britain Imperial Cadets consists of a single set of five mounted figures. In my opinion, anything in excess of two to three sets of three figures each will be beyond most collector's means, display space, and interests.

Having said the above, my opinions do not always correspond to the opinions of others. I am very interested to hear what some of the other Durbar collectors think. Doubtless, the Imperial Cadets will be a hit, but producing nine different sets of them for public consumption would confront most of us with the sad potential of having to choose between purchasing Cadets or adding other sets of interest to our Beau Geste Durbar collections. Whatever the case may be,...

Good luck with this exciting project!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Hi Ana,

I have to echo Pats post! Like him I have the figures fromBritains and Marlborough and would certainly want a set of your magnificent creations I really love the research and work you do to get the details perfect! So I hope you will post photos as you get these figures developed.

Dave

Thank you, guys. I appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Ana

PS: Pat, you can have as many as you can fit in your shelves and in your budget. This is a project for everyone. Most collectors won't have the space to exhibit them all. I knew that beforehand. A representative group is good enough to include in a nice Durbar collection.

Thank you, guys. I appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Ana

PS: Pat, you can have as many as you can fit in your shelves and in your budget. This is a project for everyone. Most collectors won't have the space to exhibit them all. I knew that beforehand. A representative group is good enough to include in a nice Durbar collection.

Hi Ana,
Just wondering what progress you have made in producing the 27 individuals that made up the Imperial Cadet Corps. Would love to see some progress photos as they start to take shape.
Kind Regards & Best Wishes
Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back