In the open. (2 Viewers)

waynepoo

Colonel
In March 1918 the Imperial German Army came out in the open and went on the offensive.
Wayne.fgt 005.JPGfgt 006.JPGfgt 007.JPGfgt 008.JPG

In March 1918 the Imperial German Army came out in the open and went on the offensive.
Wayne.fgt 009.JPGfgt 010.JPGfgt 011.JPG

Im not a WWI fan Wayne but your Jerry tin can on wheels certainly looks good against that backdrop!

Well done mate.

Tom

Wayne.

YES, and on ANZAC Day (April 25th 1918) the AIF pushed them back and liberated Villers Bretonneux

and then ALL the way back on 8th AUgust 1918 in the Battle of Amiens....

John

Fantastic set up their, I always wanted to buy a flamer, you must've got the last one! Just a suggestion, perhaps you could buy some cotton wool and paint it various shades of orange and grey. That way you could have your Kraut spraying fire left, right and centre!

Wayne, really enjoy your ww1 dio's. Your making collecting WW1 very tempting
well done.

I'd really recommend it. Its a key war in history and their uniforms and nationalities make it a great little series! Its growing to, its not stagnant or dying. I'd say buy a few early war Germans, then get some of the new fighting French figures.

Got to agree the WW1 line is one of my favs, great figures wayne. I'm looking for fw033 if anyone has it ^&grin

What the Kaiser lacht you made up for with that editing suite - those are beaut Wayne; didn't it make the blue look grouse?

Im not a WWI fan Wayne but your Jerry tin can on wheels certainly looks good against that backdrop!

Well done mate.

Tom

That German armored car is an interesting contraption.Interesting subject Wayne.

YES, and on ANZAC Day (April 25th 1918) the AIF pushed them back and liberated Villers Bretonneux

and then ALL the way back on 8th AUgust 1918 in the Battle of Amiens....

John

Fantastic set up their, I always wanted to buy a flamer, you must've got the last one! Just a suggestion, perhaps you could buy some cotton wool and paint it various shades of orange and grey. That way you could have your Kraut spraying fire left, right and centre!

Wayne, really enjoy your ww1 dio's. Your making collecting WW1 very tempting
well done.

Yes, it never existed.
Brad
Brad, does that really matter, I don't care if it did exist or not I like it , it's a dio not a history lesson.{sm4}
I'd really recommend it. Its a key war in history and their uniforms and nationalities make it a great little series! Its growing to, its not stagnant or dying. I'd say buy a few early war Germans, then get some of the new fighting French figures.

Got to agree the WW1 line is one of my favs, great figures wayne. I'm looking for fw033 if anyone has it ^&grin
So am I, very hard to find that set.
What the Kaiser lacht you made up for with that editing suite - those are beaut Wayne; didn't it make the blue look grouse?

Thanks much Fellas.

With you there mate - dio is the thing. In the 21st Century, reality is just a distant memory; and to my knowledge no-one ever found it though many tried. Some of my best dios are from Lord of the Rings - I know it's real 'cos it's in New Zealand, and the brothers just wouldn't pull the wool over our eyes...

Brad, does that really matter, I don't care if it did exist or not I like it , it's a dio not a history lesson.{sm4}

So you're saying you have no problem with purchasing a vehicle that never existed, in other words a fantasy vehicle. That's not the kind of thing I want in my collection. Now, I accept that manufacturers may make little mistakes here and there but to invent it out of whole cloth is another story.

Of course, if you don't mind have something like that in a hobby based on history, then by all means do so.

So you're saying you have no problem with purchasing a vehicle that never existed, in other words a fantasy vehicle. That's not the kind of thing I want in my collection. Now, I accept that manufacturers may make little mistakes here and there but to invent it out of whole cloth is another story.

Of course, if you don't mind have something like that in a hobby based on history, then by all means do so.
Yes I will do just that, it's about what I like, you have a nice day now.:wink2:
Wayne.

There is nothing wrong with making fantasy AFVs, or models of prototypes - but I think they should be indicated as such. Of course I also complain about improper insignia on AFVs, some done that way for the sake of appearance. But it seems that most collectors don't care and buy the model anyway as I sometimes do - especially if it is an AFV I really want as is unlikely to be done again.

Terry

Brad,
Whilst I did not sell this particular vehicle to Wayne I do know he was well aware of the background to this vehicle before he bought it. Villagehorse bought my last one and he was also well aware the situation when he bought his (I told him).
I guess that just means they liked it.
I don't recall you jumping in when others have posted images of this before so I guess we can expect more examples of your concern.
I think some of us can understand why you are suddenly raising your concern now.
Regards
Brett

There is nothing wrong with making fantasy AFVs, or models of prototypes - but I think they should be indicated as such. Of course I also complain about improper insignia on AFVs, some done that way for the sake of appearance. But it seems that most collectors don't care and buy the model anyway as I sometimes do - especially if it is an AFV I really want as is unlikely to be done again.

Terry
Terry mate,
I am one of the 'don't care' mob. Not interested in the negative, it's all about what I like.. anyway I was made aware by Brett.
Cheers,
Wayne.:)

Terry mate,
I am one of the 'don't care' mob. Not interested in the negative, it's all about what I like.. anyway I was made aware by Brett.
Cheers,

Looks good to me mate, historically accurate or not! {bravo}}

Tom

Terry mate,
Cheers,

How is it negative to point out the truth, that Andy made this out of whole cloth. Now, if you want to include a fantasy vehicle in your dios (which are very well done, by the way) that is, of course, your option.

Shall we look forward to seeing some LOTR figures in some of your dios:wink2:

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back