Indy show in March!!! (1 Viewer)

chillywill

Private 2
Doe's not seem to be much conversation about this show or is it still a little early yet?

Doe's not seem to be much conversation about this show or is it still a little early yet?

I don't think it's too early - not much more than 2 months off. I've actually started uploading new info to the website. If you haven't visited it, here's the link:

http://www.playsetmagazine.com/IndyShow/index.html

It IS early as far as vendor registrations go.. I will be adding vendors as they get confirmed.. For the past few years there have around 50 or more vendors at each show.. So far 19 are confirmed for this year, but like I said it is early for registrations. I'm looking forward to the new location as well.

Jim

Not a particularly large show, my favorite part was getting to talk to Ron Barzso at a show where he's not too busy. But not too far from Louisville, so it's worth the trip.

Yeah - it's definitely a smallish show, but it has a nice mix of vendors from metal to new plastic to vintage Marx, etc. As mentioned there seems to be more time to chat with vendors and fellow collectors - definitely not rushed... A good time to get to know people and talk (and buy) toy soldiers.

Jim

I am looking forward to visit this show again.
Hopefully the lighting will be better in the new location. I found the lights in the old location very, very inefficient.
Hey Jim, there used to be little bit of room trading going on friday and saturday prior to the show.
Do you know if that will be the case in the new location?
Konrad

Hi Jim,
never mind. It sure helps if one can read :redface2: :wink2:
Just read through the link you provided below and better lighting is mentioned as well as trading rooms.
Thanks for the info.
Konrad

Show promoter, Barry Carter told me that the lighting was much better, better restaurant, better facilities, etc.. I hope he's right! One thing that seems better right off the bat is all the dealer rooms will be located on the first floor (same floor the show will be on) - so NO waiting / squeezing into the elevators!

Anyone who comes to the show - please be sure to stop by and say hello - and introduce yourself.. Will be good to meet some more Treefroggers.

Thx

Jim

Hi,

I've been updating the Indy Show website the past few weeks. We've added a page called "Show News" which will bring information regarding dealers, the hotel, the show itself, etc. We will be updating this quite a bit as things develop over the next few weeks as we approach the show date of Mar. 25.

Here's a direct link to the page:

http://www.playsetmagazine.com/IndyShow/Show-News.html

Thx,

Jim

I'm hoping to have a table there since Indy is my hometown. Looking forward to it. Now I have to get busy and make stuff for it. {sm2}

It's a good thing I logged in to this thread--I have been going to the Indy show for years and didn't know the site had changed. I guess I should have read Barry Carter's postcard:eek:

I like this show because I don't feel I have to rush to get to see everything.

Latest Update on the Indy Toy Soldier Show - Now 60 registered dealers.. That's up 6 from 2011 and 14 from 2010!

Hope to see many of you there Mar. 23 - 25 (23 and 24 for room trading)..

Jim

Here are some random pics I took at the show...I'm not really a collector, so I just take shots of stuff I find cool...I will upload a few more when I get some time.

Attachments

• DSCN4770.JPG
    DSCN4770.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN4773.JPG
    DSCN4773.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN4774.JPG
    DSCN4774.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN4783.JPG
    DSCN4783.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 145
Thanks for posting, any idea who makes the Western wagons?, could use one. Cheers, Robin.

My first show and I had a blast!! Did however discover that it is so true that there is never enough time or money. The folks were really nice and fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back