Indy Show (2 Viewers)

eborris

First Sergeant
Anybody in here going to attend the Indy show the weekend of March 28th?

I was going to give it a shot, but a 15 hour drive coupled with shows the following four strait weekends (Dedham on April 6th, New Jersey the 13th, Albany the 20th, Delaware the 25th and 26th and Gettysburg the 27th) caused me to decide it was a no go.

I've also heard true or not that it is more of a plastic than metal show...................

I've been to like four of them and as far as metal versus plastic, I'd say pretty close to 50-50. The room trading is primarily plastic , but the show on Sunday a lot of metal dealers show up.It's only a 3 1/2 hour drive for me, if I take it easy.

I went about 12 years ago and was really disappointed in the show. Plus the location was in a terrible area. Has any of the above changed?
I will say, that I compare everything with OTSN, and I shouldn,t do that.
Gary

It's only around a 2 hour drive for me so I will be going, but leaving sunday morning only for the show itself. I never knew that they have room-trading also. I've been there a couple of times and I always liked it. It's a small show but they usually have a good variety.

Well, I can't say if the show has changed from 12 years ago, because I've only been going for about the last 5 years. I can say it's not close to OTSN in size. I always enjoy the show there's some room trading and maybe 40 or 50 dealers on Sunday. As far as the area it's right off of 465 right behind a big mall appears to be a nice area, never had any trouble.

I went about 12 years ago and was really disappointed in the show. Plus the location was in a terrible area. Has any of the above changed?
I will say, that I compare everything with OTSN, and I shouldn,t do that.
Gary

The area is quite nice - the hotel is attached by a breezeway to an upscale mall with a small foodcourt... My opinion is the hotel is as nice (rooms are probably nicer) than where OTSN is held. That being said the show is very small compared to OTSN.. but there seems to be enough dealers there in plastic and metal that are only too happy to sell you something..:)

Jim

I might go to Indy Show this year. I have not gone in about four years. That show use to be a good one years ago and many dealers with room trading. The location by the mall is nice and safe. The old one was in a bad neighborhood but been gone from there years ago. Some of my best bargains were at Indy. Leadmen

Well, if you guys happen to stop by a room with a Marx Miniature Charge of the Light Brigade and some powder blue 60mm marx cavalry for sale, that will be me, say hello or punch in the liver or something.

I might go to Indy Show this year. I have not gone in about four years. That show use to be a good one years ago and many dealers with room trading. The location by the mall is nice and safe. The old one was in a bad neighborhood but been gone from there years ago. Some of my best bargains were at Indy. Leadmen

Hi John,
would be a pleasure to meet you at the show. As you are "famous" ;) from other different show postings I will introduce myself if I see you.
All the best!
Konrad

Hi John,
would be a pleasure to meet you at the show. As you are "famous" ;) from other different show postings I will introduce myself if I see you.
All the best!
Konrad

Konrad

Here's a photo of John (Leadmen) at the Michigan show telling the Mrs. which ones she can buy for him.:D All of those?

Randy

Attachments

• leadmen.jpg
    leadmen.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 180
Who is that old dude? I always picture myself as 19 years old.:) Well, a year ago today I was fighting for my life in major surgery. Guess I am still hanging in there for awhile. Thanks for all the get well greetings last year. It helped me to recover and keep my bad habits going.;) John Konrad, I will look for you if I get to Indy. I will wear a Leadmen Shirt.:cool: John

Who is that old dude? I always picture myself as 19 years old.:) Well, a year ago today I was fighting for my life in major surgery. Guess I am still hanging in there for awhile. Thanks for all the get well greetings last year. It helped me to recover and keep my bad habits going.;) John Konrad, I will look for you if I get to Indy. I will wear a Leadmen Shirt.:cool: John

Wow! That was a year ago? Time seems to have flown by.
Keep up with the bad habits John, at least the toy soldier related ones, they're good for you and make you feel 19 again (or in my case 9). ;)

Simon

I for one am very happy to hear that is a fight you won!! I hope your sticking around with us for a very very long time.

CC

Does anybody know if there will be a King & Country dealer at the show? I am pretty sure there will be but I don't know who. If there is one I would like to ask for three figures to bring along that I can buy then. Don't want to try by mailorder again. Did that twice and was out of luck both times. Two of the three figures came damaged in both cases.
Konrad

I don't know his name, but there is usually a fairly large King and Country display that you will see immediatley upon entering the show.

I think Hobby Bunker and a few smaller dealers will be there. Check with HB. Leadmen

I made my reservations for Indy Show Sat. night. I guess I will go and could not get show rate. Barry is going to talk to them about it. If they don't have a show rate then don't advertise one. Leadmen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back