Indy Show (1 Viewer)

Let us know how it turns out ok; you'll see the usual suspects there I'm sure, Marxman, Wayne Stevens, Joe Saine, Alan Ford, Carl Hogermeyer, etc, etc............................

Yeah, Ron Barzso, Jim Clouse, Roger Ross, Mike Kutnick, Rick Eber and a cast of hundreds.

All class acts those guys are no doubt; Mike Kutnick is aces in my book, tell him if you can I said hello.

Iv'e kicked around doing that show, but 15 hours is a long way to drive to take a sho, not to mention, do I do the room trading or just the show. If I do the room trading, as you know, it's quite a project, I need two rooms and not sure if the volume is there to justify it.

I'd appreciate your thoughts, it would be a brand new market for me.

George: I have not gone to Indy since 04. I heard that there is not much room trading lately. I know some dealers only setting up for show. I remember when Indy was going strong with two floors of room trading. I don't know what happened. Too many shows? John

I'll say hi to Mike for 4 hours, I'm driving him down there and he's my roomie, has been down there for the last 5 years.

The Indy show is smaller then OTSN, but what show isn't? The room trading is on a smaller scale, but they usually have a good turn out for the show on Sunday. I've only been to OTSN, Indy and the Texas show. Indy is larger then the Texas show, but smaller then OTSN. I always enjoy the Indy show, but then I don't have to make my living there , haul a bunch of stuff or drive 15 hours. Alot of guys travel a long way to get there so it must be worth it.

Let us know how things turn out. If the day of the show is strong enough, it may be worth the 15 hour drive. The Michigan show is about 13 hours and well worth the drive for me and it's only a one day show.......

I'm going down on Saturday with Ron Barzso. I'll take plenty of photos of the show and room trading. I've only been to the Indy show and OTSN so I don't have a good base for comparision. The photos of the show room, dealers tables and crowds should help give you an idea of the relative size of the show..

Jim

George,

I'm trying to get paid attendance figures from Barry Carter, he said he'd tell me today.

Ed

I personally had a great show, outside of those 25mm Napoleonics, I moved just about everything I brought, the majority of items to other dealers, but I sold over 1,000+ worth of stuff. I'm still awaiting a reply from Barry.

Good for you, glad to hear it, may have to explore the Indy show next year..............

I enjoyed my weekend at the Indy show. I met eborris and Kogu among others. Jim Clouse and Ron Barzo were there with their new Robin Hood castle. About 15 rooms were open for trading. The show was nice and I have not been there since 2004 I found it relaxing. Brian Greenwood had K&C and JJ stuff on his tables along with some neat display cabinets which I bought one.

I picked up some older wwll Ertl Britain leader's like Runstead, Yamato and Doolitle along with Jenkins and some other sets. Here are a few pictures. The hotel and area was very nice. John

Barzo Castle

Attachments

• Barzocastle1w.jpg
    Barzocastle1w.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 104
Kogu (Konrad) and Leadmen at Indy. J

Attachments

• IndyKonrad1w.jpg
    IndyKonrad1w.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 102
Some Russian Art table. J

Attachments

• Russianart1w.jpg
    Russianart1w.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 105
Ted Deddens has some nice Monarch Samauri figures and sets.

Attachments

• Ted1w.jpg
    Ted1w.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I also met eBorris at show. He set up in a room. Here are more Monarch figures. J

Attachments

• Samuri1w.jpg
    Samuri1w.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 108
Another shot of the Samauri guys. J

Attachments

• samuri2w.jpg
    samuri2w.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 99
I always enjoy Indy more then I do OTSN, of course I can certainly understand why a dealer would love OTSN. At Indy it's more laid back and you can actually spend time talking to people and looking around, besides it's the only other show I know of besides OTSN where they actually have room trading.

John,

That is some castle, wish I had room for one :( thanks for posting.

Jeff

Attachments

• Barzocastle1w.jpg
    Barzocastle1w.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 83
I always enjoy Indy more then I do OTSN, of course I can certainly understand why a dealer would love OTSN. At Indy it's more laid back and you can actually spend time talking to people and looking around, besides it's the only other show I know of besides OTSN where they actually have room trading.
The West Coaster has had room trading since it began 26 years ago. It is also very laid back (being on the West Coast and all).:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back